GDT: G43: Islanders @ Wild - 5PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Was weird seeing Brodin playing with Bogo, but i think it was a good move keeping Faber with Middleton. Faber is more assertive when he is with Middleton. Plus, Middleton can kick the shit out of anyone who looks at him funny.

A Miiddleton/Bogo pairing is simply too much of a dropoff.

Reactions: Slotski

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Was weird seeing Brodin playing with Bogo, but i think it was a good move keeping Faber with Middleton. Faber is more assertive when he is with Middleton. Plus, Middleton can kick the shit out of anyone who looks at him funny.

A Miiddleton/Bogo pairing is simply too much of a dropoff.
Good idea for a follow-up Gus Bus commercial. Foligno is teasing Faber for wearing glasses....in comes Middleton (from the back of the bus) to stick up for his buddy.

Luceni

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2006
Austria
Hunt and Faber running the PP-units, Rossi first line center.
I call bullshit on Hynes not liking younger players
Well, only Johansson & Maroon has got less TOI than Rossi tonight. He may play on the first line but the coach seem to limit Rossis TOI because he don't like/trust him.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Hunt and Faber running the PP-units, Rossi first line center.
I call bullshit on Hynes not liking younger players
To be fair, I've a feeling he was in a position to have to try something whether he liked it or not. The way the last few games have gone, I'd be willing to bet he was willing to try anything. Now, that it seems like it worked, hopefully he saw that and keeps it going.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Well, only Johansson & Maroon has got less TOI than Rossi tonight. He may play on the first line but the coach seem to limit Rossis TOI because he don't like/trust him.
Most of the players had a shift more or less the same time on ice. They got the lead early and didn't need to push for offense. Johansson and someone else was a game time decision recently for some illness that I belive goes around the team. Your stat watching on Rossi don't give the whole picture if you don't know the score or the context of the game.

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Finally an easy win where stuff went the Wild‘s way. Been a while since we had one of these. Hopefully the team can build on this.

Regarding Rossi: it’s not been an easy game for him. Not a lot of offense early on from the first line, they have been hemmed into their zone a lot. Off PP1 means his Toi goes down significantly as well. He did a lot of good defensive work, but hopefully he can get back on the scoresheet soon to get some confidence again in the offensive zone. Too many seemingly save plays that get picked off by the opposition. His forecheck was also more effective in this game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
To be fair, I've a feeling he was in a position to have to try something whether he liked it or not. The way the last few games have gone, I'd be willing to bet he was willing to try anything. Now, that it seems like it worked, hopefully he saw that and keeps it going.
Hopefully that includes Hunt and Mermis over Goli and Merrill. Hunt is still indecisive, but I think the only way that goes away is by experience and familiarity with his team and the NHL in general. He's got some decent tools.

Mermis is a marginal improvement, but I like his toughness for an average sized guy, and he's been showing some decent offensive instincts.

Reactions: fgobuzz and MK9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad