GDT: G26: MIN @ EDM - 8PM Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I’m losing interest in this team. So hard to watch. So many bad players.
Yup. I am like a broken record for the reason(s) why... I mean, hello?

Tonight, for the first time in a long time, I found myself simply not watching much because I found it dull, and can no longer stand watching some of the players that Guerin and Evason have chosen to put on the ice.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Sounds like Walker will play tomorrow, I guess Petan will sit.
Maybe this guy will be a better partner for Boldy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sounds like Walker will play tomorrow, I guess Petan will sit.
Maybe this guy will be a better partner for Boldy.
Petan has set a very low bar. You never know who will be able to make the jump from the AHL. I am guessing that Walker(local ) will be a bit gobsmacked playing in the NHL...he's still an AHL rookie...but it's not like they have a lot of choices. Walker was clearly the best forward down there this year. I think it's better he plays in VAN than MN for his first game.

There is a slight chance that he clicks with Boldy. He's got some tools.

Last edited:

Bdub

Mar 27, 2021
This team still has a top 5 pick potential. I see the wheels falling off fast. If i where boldy or kaprizov i'd be playing the trade me now game.

• Haha
Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
That stuff gets way overblown.
I’m not so sure. As a person who plays, I know how fun it is to play with other good players. I also know what it’s like to just dump the puck out of the zone because the other players on the ice suck. There are players I won’t pass to, because it’s just giving it to the other team. There are a lot of players like this on the Wild, right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m not so sure. As a person who plays, I know how fun it is to play with other good players. I also know what it’s like to just dump the puck out of the done because the other players on the ice suck. There are players I won’t pass to, because it’s just giving it to the other team. There are a lot of players like this on the Wild, right now.
I guess I can't argue with any of that , since you're a person that plays.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
I guess I can't argue with any of that , since you're a person that plays.
I’m not playing the “you never played the game card”. Just saying that it’s much more fun playing with good players than scrubs. And the fact that you might win a few extra games is just a bonus.

I also think the “they make millions of dollars, where they play doesn’t matter” narrative is wrong. They can make millions anywhere, why not on an accomplished team with players that are at your level?

Reactions: Bdub

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Man if we only had a play driving partner for Boldy to run with , someone who might put up 85pts in a season. That would be really valuable right now. We might be looking like a team that has something to build around instead of a team that needs to be torn down. f*** man , I might pay as much as 7.8 or so million for that type of player. I mean all we’d have to do is give up the services if a Goligoski and Reeves or Gudreau or Greenway or any scrub or plug. Dang if only that player was out there and wanted to be in MN long term.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m not playing the “you never played the game card”. Just saying that it’s much more fun playing with good players than scrubs. And the fact that you might win a few extra games is just a bonus.

I also think the “they make millions of dollars, where they play doesn’t matter” narrative is wrong. They can make millions anywhere, why not on an accomplished team with players that are at your level?
I'm not saying it doesn't matter either, but it just doesn't happen much. It's not the NBA... yet.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I’m not so sure. As a person who plays, I know how fun it is to play with other good players. I also know what it’s like to just dump the puck out of the zone because the other players on the ice suck. There are players I won’t pass to, because it’s just giving it to the other team. There are a lot of players like this on the Wild, right now.
This is short sighted. Everyone knows from year to year the trans can change drastically. Hell, we were a really good team last year. This year, not so much. Asking for a trade because of a bad year is just a terrible idea through and through.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
This is short sighted. Everyone knows from year to year the trans can change drastically. Hell, we were a really good team last year. This year, not so much. Asking for a trade because of a bad year is just a terrible idea through and through.
It’s my belief it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Less cap space, no difference makers coming up in the near future. Can’t make any moves to make the team better. IMO this team is a number of years from relevance and if this is true, why would a Kaprizov or a Boldy want to stick around?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It’s my belief it’s going to get worse before it gets better. Less cap space, no difference makers coming up in the near future. Can’t make any moves to make the team better. IMO this team is a number of years from relevance and if this is true, why would a Kaprizov or a Boldy want to stick around?

It's one thing to say "oh well it's just a down year" with the same core group of players, but that's not exactly what happened to us this season. I'm with you though, it's probably going to get worse before it gets better. And if Kaprizov leaves within the three years he has left, it could be a long time before it gets any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad