GDT: G23 - MIN @ BOS - Lookin' for 3 - 6:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd be shocked if Zucc was really wanting Bruce to be fired. It's not all that common for players to wish such a thing. If they were "pissed and wanted the coach fired" we'd likely be hearing things in his quotes to show his dissatisfaction. Nothing has been said to indicate the idea.

Players "usually" are more pragmatic about such things, and just try to do the best they themselves can do (obviously there are exceptions).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'd be shocked if Zucc was really wanting Bruce to be fired. It's not all that common for players to wish such a thing. If they were "pissed and wanted the coach fired" we'd likely be hearing things in his quotes to show his dissatisfaction. Nothing has been said to indicate the idea.

Players "usually" are more pragmatic about such things, and just try to do the best they themselves can do (obviously there are exceptions).
Nobody can possibly know that. I would bet that there isn't 1 player on that roster that thinks Ek-Brodin-Spurgeon is a good idea to start 3x3.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Nobody can possibly know that. I would bet that there isn't 1 player on that roster that thinks Ek-Brodin-Spurgeon is a good idea to start 3x3.
You can disagree with someone and still not want them fired. Happens all the time.

Last edited:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You can disagree with someone and still not want them fired. Happens ask the time.
Of course you can. You can also have a decent working relationship with your boss, while not really caring if they still have a job tomorrow. Pretty good chance that there are a number of guys in that locker room that wouldn't be upset if Boudreau were to go away. Even better chance that that list of players is getting bigger not smaller as the season moves along.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That's a far cry from being "pissed" and "wanting them fired" as was the claim made that started this discussion.
Not at all. You think there's a player on the roster that isn't "pissed" with the job that Boudreau did last night? Putting the "wanting them fired" in quotes doesn't make much sense. Webster said that he believes Zuccarello hopes that Boudreau will be gone before the start of next season. I think that that's probably the majority opinion of all of Minnesota.

Reactions: Webster

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Zuccarello is a proven OT player. He's also one of the best shootout guys in the league, and more often than not scores on breakaways. Looks like Boudreau doesn't have enough knowledge about him, he's simply not doing his job.

I believe Zuccarello is pissed, and that he hopes Boudreau will be gone by next season.
We can question coaches decisions all we want, but I would like to believe that BB knows more about the players that he sees every day and interacts with than all of us here on a message board.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
We can question coaches decisions all we want, but I would like to believe that BB knows more about the players that he sees every day and interacts with than all of us here on a message board.
Like he does with who he uses 3x3? How about continuing to try and force Parise-Staal-Zuccarello when everyone who pays even the slightest attention to the Wild knew that was a terrible idea? Dumba-Spurgeon? Do we even need to bring up Parise's icetime?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Like he does with who he uses 3x3? How about continuing to try and force Parise-Staal-Zuccarello when everyone who pays even the slightest attention to the Wild knew that was a terrible idea? Dumba-Spurgeon? Do we even need to bring up Parise's icetime?
I was responding to a post about not knowing the players game well enough. Which I think is asinine because BB watches him play extensively everyday.

No **** he makes mistakes, but a paid professional “not knowing his game” is ridiculous. Him (not) finding the right combinations is a fair concern.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I was responding to a post about not knowing the players game well enough. Which I think is asinine because BB watches him play extensively everyday.

No **** he makes mistakes, but a paid professional “not knowing his game” is ridiculous. Him (not) finding the right combinations is a fair concern.
Boudreau clearly doesn't "know the game" well enough of Ek and Brodin. Doesn't take a whole lot of thought to know that neither of those guys should be playing 3x3 with this roster. Yet, "the guy that watches them everyday" started both last night in OT. Not sure what part of Parise's "game" would make anyone think that he should see the ice 3x3 either?

I generally agree with the point that you're making, and do think that us fans can get too excited when a coach starts shuffling lines. But, Boudreau has made some decisions this year that go well beyond just scratching your head.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Boudreau clearly doesn't "know the game" well enough of Ek and Brodin. Doesn't take a whole lot of thought to know that neither of those guys should be playing 3x3 with this roster. Yet, "the guy that watches them everyday" started both last night in OT. Not sure what part of Parise's "game" would make anyone think that he should see the ice 3x3 either?

I generally agree with the point that you're making, and do think that us fans can get too excited when a coach starts shuffling lines. But, Boudreau has made some decisions this year that go well beyond just scratching your head.
Totally agree. Just a lot us fans don't see that Bruce does.

Reactions: 2Pair

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just watched Edmonton play 3v3. They start with McDavid+Draisaitl. Then they call a timeout so they can rest them and keep them on the ice. Then there is one shift of other players before McDavid+Draisaitl come back on (I think; they might actually not have left the ice). If they did, they probably played at least 4:10 of the OT.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Just watched Edmonton play 3v3. They start with McDavid+Draisaitl. Then they call a timeout so they can rest them and keep them on the ice. Then there is one shift of other players before McDavid+Draisaitl come back on (I think; they might actually not have left the ice). If they did, they probably played at least 4:10 of the OT.
But neither of those guys play on a checking line, how could that possibly work?

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad