GDT: G23 - MIN @ BOS - Lookin' for 3 - 6:00PM Central - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Parise on the ice 3x3 should be the last decision that Boudreau ever makes for this team. Get him the f*** out of here

Reactions: 63firebird

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wow, last I had looked, they were up 4-2, I glance later and see they lost 5-4 in OT. :facepalm:

Sort of like the Granlund one against the Kings a couple years ago.
The Wild gave him way more room, but otherwise, very similar. Granlund actually had to make a couple cuts, this guy skated virtually right down the middle.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise doesn't have the speed to play 3v3 anymore. Am starting to notice just how slow Koivu is, too. Kunin contributions at the end of the game were less than special.

Kind of stunned that someone is taking shots at Stalock...this is the guy that stopped a 3 on 0, stopped other breakaways, and was absolutely bombarded on PP's and with the other net empty.

On the positive side, Eriksson-Ek and Greenway continue to impress. Rask was...ok!...which is a massive improvement. Donato, on OTOH...I don't care if I see him again in a Wild uniform. I don't think he's an NHL'er. I hope we trade him, quick, and get some value for him before the other teams find out.

Last edited:

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Parise doesn't have the speed to play 3v3 anymore. Am starting to notice just how slow Koivu is, too. Kunin contributions at the end of the game were less than special.

Kind of stunned that someone is taking shots at Stalock...this is the guy that stopped a 3 on 0, stopped other breakaways, and was absolutely bombarded on PP's and with the other net empty.

On the positive side, Eriksson-Ek and Greenway continue to impress. Rask was...ok!...which is a massive improvement. Donato, on OTOH...I don't care if I see him again in a Wild uniform. I don't think he's an NHL'er. I hope we trade him, quick, and get some value for him before the other teams find out.
If we know he doesn’t have value, paid professionals do as well.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Best wishes to long-time Wild radio announcer Bob Kurtz who is now not well enough to do road games and Boston was one of his favorite stops and for good reason.

Bob called the Red Sox on NESN from 1993-2000 when he left to go home to Minnesota.

He was missed at TD Garden last night but he gave up the Red Sox PxP role for the Wild for less money because he wanted to go home.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still pissed, because the Wild played a good game, for the most part, and just made a few stupid mistakes to lose it. BB has already admitted making a mistake with that lineup of Parise, Hunt, and Kunin. It's pretty obvious that Koivu and Parise aren't suited to 3v3 any more, but it's not like he has a lot of choices. Zucker should be great at 3v3, but he doesn't seem to have the mind for it. Fiala...not sure. Zuke...maybe. He's not the fastest thing, either, but has good awareness. Staal is looking slow out there, and his forte isn't handling the puck in open ice.

Basically, you've got 5 Dmen, then....?

Zucker sure isn't very good at scoring on breakaways, is he?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
We really don't have a forward that stands out as being good in 3 on 3. Granlund could at least be counted on to do well because of his IQ and puck skills. Dunno if Fiala has the head for it, but he has the puck skills. Zucc, I'd think would be ok?

The rest though...bleh!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Staal with Zucarrello, Greenway with Fiala, and Koivu with Zucker. It really isn't that hard to figure out. Dumba, Suter, then Spurgeon.

The Wild really don't have the horses to be good at 3x3, but what Boudreau is doing is just moronic. Bet you can't guess how many career goals Parise has at 3x3?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Staal with Zucarrello, Greenway with Fiala, and Koivu with Zucker. It really isn't that hard to figure out. Dumba, Suter, then Spurgeon.

The Wild really don't have the horses to be good at 3x3, but what Boudreau is doing is just moronic. Bet you can't guess how many career goals Parise has at 3x3?
If it's really zero, that's pretty incredible. Even as someone who has defended Parise at times, there is zero reason he should see the ice in OT.

Reactions: 2Pair

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If it's really zero, that's pretty incredible. Even as someone who has defended Parise at times, there is zero reason he should see the ice in OT.
He has 1 OT goal in his time in Minnesota. That goal was in the 12-13 season, 3 years before 3x3 was even a thing.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Zuccarello is a proven OT player. He's also one of the best shootout guys in the league, and more often than not scores on breakaways. Looks like Boudreau doesn't have enough knowledge about him, he's simply not doing his job.

I believe Zuccarello is pissed, and that he hopes Boudreau will be gone by next season.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Webster, you are delusional about Zuccarello. He is a declining 32 yo player who has scored over 20 goals once in his life. His signing was Fenton's parting turd on the organization...he is the second coming of 30's+Pominville, though Poms was a better scorer, by far.

If he is "pissed" at Boudreau, then he should march into Guerin's office and demand a trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: fentonsbrainchild
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad