GDT: G20 - MIN @ VGK - 9PM Central - The Golden Fleece

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Parise already voicing his disagreement with Evason

That's a brief snippet of his statement.

He's handling it like a pro a should. Met the media head on when he obviously could have dodged the zoom calls. Said his job to have a good practice, and prepare for Arizona. Explained what he said was trying to accomplish, met with the team, etc.

If he went radio silent, there should be a cause for concern about locker room dynamics. He is handling it well I would say.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That's a brief snippet of his statement.

He's handling it like a pro a should. Met the media head on when he obviously could have dodged the zoom calls. Said his job to have a good practice, and prepare for Arizona. Explained what he said was trying to accomplish, met with the team, etc.

If he went radio silent, there should be a cause for concern about locker room dynamics. He is handling it well I would say.
Wouldn't kill the guy to admit that he made a mistake, whatever his intentions, but otherwise I agree. Wouldn't have been hard to dodge the media and let it fester.

Reactions: MK9

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Wouldn't kill the guy to admit that he made a mistake, whatever his intentions, but otherwise I agree. Wouldn't have been hard to dodge the media and let it fester.
I don't have a problem with him being honest(assuming he is).

If he was trying to get Foligno the Hattrick, and would do it again tomorrow. Say so.

Wouldn't be the first or last time a teammate tried to get the puck to a specific player for a mile stone with an ENG up by 1.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Good for Evason. Not wanting to demonize Parise, but he made a mistake that helped cost the team a game, so he sits out. Should be end of story. It just feels good for him to finally be treated as another player, rather than an untouchable. That is very healthy for the team overall, I would think.

I would also guess that Guerin completely supports this decision. Would also guess that this, along with;

- Staal being traded

- Koivu not being offered a contract

- Spurgeon being named Captain over Suter and Parise

are pretty strong signals that Guerin wants to move on from the old guard. It was never going to be easy...those contracts were set up by Fletcher to be giant turds at the back end.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It just feels good for him to finally be treated as another player, rather than an untouchable. That is very healthy for the team overall, I would think.

Not just Parise, but Suter has seen his time diminished, which is only a good thing. Getting him off the PP was great. I'm glad that Guerin and Evason are holding players accountable.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not just Parise, but Suter has seen his time diminished, which is only a good thing. Getting him off the PP was great. I'm glad that Guerin and Evason are holding players accountable.
I consider Suter apart from Parise. Suter has been rock for us, IMO, and has more than earned his pay. Having said that, I do think it is a good thing that his TOI has been reduced, as it will reduce wear and tear on him, and better the chances that he is still viable near the end of his contract. It's not like we don't have other talented Dmen to take up the slack.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Maybe Evason could scratch Suter as well...package deal and all...
I gotta echo what others are saying.....you can't possibly put Suter in the same category as Parise right now. No way. Yeah, he hasn't been perfect, and it's good to see that his TOI has gone down as the work is being spread around more on the blueline. But he hasn't done anything worthy of being scratched. As frustrating as he has been on the PP, he is still reliable out there 5 on 5. That is a hole you don't want to make right now.

Reactions: MuckOG

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I'm not so sure the players liked what management did to Parise. Then we could have conflict here instead of unity, how smart is that? I predict a loss tonight.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm not so sure the players liked what mangement did to Parise. Then we could have conflict here instead of unity, how smart is that? I predict a loss tonight.
If they don't like accountability, then they can find another team.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Parise deserved to be benched.

I'm not so sure the players liked what management did to Parise. Then we could have conflict here instead of unity, how smart is that? I predict a loss tonight.
I’m sure everyone in that locker room understands what happened. Parise has a reputation as a big baby. The younger players are privately liking this.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

What did management do to Parise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad