GDT: G17 - MIN @ AZ - 7PM Central - Lift the Puck? - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Looking at Parise's ice time from the last 5 games (rankings are relative to the other forwards)....

DateEVPPPK
29-Oct14:52 (3rd)2:37 (3rd)0:06 (5th)
30-Oct13:42 (3rd)1:28 (3rd)2:15 (2nd)
2-Nov16:16 (1st)1:18 (4th)0:37 (5th)
5-Nov12:24 (10th)2:19 (3rd)0:49 (6th)
7-Nov14:09 (5th)4:03 (1st)0:46 (5th)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
For the most part he's getting 2nd line EV minutes (and extending his shifts too long) and 1st unit PP time, which doesn't really bother me in a vacuum. 2nd vs 3rd line on this team isn't going to be much of a difference in minutes.

If you ignore his comments (or my interpretation of them, anyway) my only major complaint is PP1 instead of PP2. If you include the comments I'd like to see him on the 4th line creating his own "opportunities."
??
ES:
10/29 - 1st line minutes
10/30 - 1st line minutes
11/2 - 1st line minutes
11/5 - 4th line minutes
11/7 - 2nd line minutes

They went 1-3-1 in those 5 games. You'll never guess which game they won.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
??
ES:
10/29 - 1st line minutes
10/30 - 1st line minutes
11/2 - 1st line minutes
11/5 - 4th line minutes
11/7 - 2nd line minutes

They went 1-3-1 in those 5 games. You'll never guess which game they won.
I'm using numbers from naturalstattrick and may have gotten thrown off by the way Boudreau change lines. I wasn't accounting for Parise technically being on two lines for most games.

Still, the last two games are more in line with what I'd like. As such I'm going to ease off on that particular complaint for now.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those numbers are pretty troubling to look at when you consider he's contributing nothing to the team.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Those numbers are pretty troubling to look at when you consider he's contributing nothing to the team.
Parise sucking bothers me, but 12-14 even strength minutes for a struggling player that led the team in goals last year doesn't. At least not in November. I would like to see his minutes better reflect his play, but I'd also like to see him play better.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Why do you keep punching a guy who's already down? Parise is having a tough time right now, give him a break.

From Russo:
"Other than a dozen reporters and cameramen standing in the middle of the locker room, the only player still remaining was Parise. While all his teammates were in an adjacent room hitting the showers, he still sat at his stall in full gear and stared at the floor with torment written all over his face."

A guy needs support in a situation like this. Boudreau is trying to help him find confidence, the last thing the coach would do is to put him on the 4th line or bench him. Parise needs to play through this, he's a skilled player, at some point he'll be back on his game again.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Why do you keep punching a guy who's already down? Parise is having a tough time right now, give him a break.

From Russo:
"Other than a dozen reporters and cameramen standing in the middle of the locker room, the only player still remaining was Parise. While all his teammates were in an adjacent room hitting the showers, he still sat at his stall in full gear and stared at the floor with torment written all over his face."

A guy needs support in a situation like this. Boudreau is trying to help him find confidence, the last thing the coach would do is to put him on the 4th line or bench him. Parise needs to play through this, he's a skilled player, at some point he'll be back on his game again.
The issue stems mainly from the fact the he gets special treatment and that’s just not good for a locker room.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

From Russo:

Actually, that's part of the problem, he isn't.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The not-lifting-the-puck thing can happen easily. Ekblad did the same thing in OT in their game and Washington scored less than 10 seconds later. I was way more irked about the Hartman major call than Parise's mini breakaway.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The not-lifting-the-puck thing can happen easily. Ekblad did the same thing in OT in their game and Washington scored less than 10 seconds later. I was way more irked about the Hartman major call than Parise's mini breakaway.
Only reason I put it in the title is because I half called it that game :laugh:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I just don't get why everyone is spending so much time *****ing about Parise when this team has issues a lot bigger than him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I just don't get why everyone is spending so much time *****ing about Parise when this team has issues a lot bigger than him.

Because reducing Parise's ice time is easy, the other issues aren't as simple to solve.
Plus, reducing Parise's ice time gives the kids a bigger opportunity to sink or swim.
If someone is going to be awful there, I'd rather have it be a guy who can use those minutes and opportunities to improve and be better for us in the future, than someone whose last legs were last year.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He regularly made third period adjustments to lines that resulted in moved players scoring.
Not as "regularly" as he watched the same 4-5 guys lose games for him in the 3rd while everyone else sat.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Boudreau regularly makes adjustments mid game and shortens the bench in the third period, but the personnel decisions are hardly based on who's having the best game. It seems to be based more on who has been in the league the longest or who makes the most money.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What streaming service do you use? Just cable?

I have NHL.tv and I'm used to just using that, but I didn't consider until right now that I can use my parents cable log in to watch it on the FSN website, so maybe I can catch this one.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
If Kunin has the flu, it looks to me like the players share water bottles, that's not very smart...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I have NHL.tv and I'm used to just using that, but I didn't consider until right now that I can use my parents cable log in to watch it on the FSN website, so maybe I can catch this one.
I have NHL.tv but it’s always blacked out so I just use my parents FSN go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad