GDT: G16: Buffaloes vs Tom Wilson - 7pm EST

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I know this. Malenstyn’s popularity with fans is going to be Beagle, Kono, Hathaway, and Ward rolled into one super level. Also, most of believed the team needed a youthful infusion to make a surprise with a new energetic coach. Not only does this make us believe, it makes the rebuild much more palatable than watching a Buffalo, Calgary, or Columbus situation. The big road trip will be a true test and goaltending overall gives me confidence unlike the rest of post Holtby era. If they fix this PP and Ovy does his Feb/March tradition. Look out! I know it’s way too early, but damn nobody including me believed they would be where they are right now. I say we all enjoy this and relax for a change. For an old team, it’s doing good things and making gradual steps. Let them play the games.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and um

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
No one thought Backstrom would retire after a few games. We are something like 8-1-1 in our last ten games.
These kids promoted have been playing great and are all winners after the Hershey Champ run. And most the Vets left were on 2018 cup team and winners.
I have to say Im happy Carberry kept a winning culture for the young kids coming up. Getting your ass kicked every night can really be harmful to developing good habits.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Bringing the baby to a crowded arena wasn’t exactly a wise move.
Jeez what a killjoy. It's a fantastic gesture of support for her husband who has been struggling "at work" lately.

I'm sure the newborn won't remember a thing and thus won't be "traumatized" by the loud noise of the arena. It's a hockey baby - you'd expect it to be built tough

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Keep the wagon going.

They left it late but got the win. Perhaps fitting that it was a late coming from behind win against the Sabres who are... well just the model example in todays NHL about what can go wrong with tanking. It's a team whose young players and veterans that have been there for a while have known nothing but losing and now that they are (finally) trying to snap out of the tanking period and make the Playoffs, their players aren't mentally capable of it. They seem very often to crap their pants and squander leads late which is just... a killer for a team fighting for the last Playoff spots.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
there is absolutely no need to ride ov 20 minutes per game (he averages 20:05 TOI). keep him fresh pls cause he's looking like a big (like really big) kid on longer shifts. he has no idea at all what to do without the puck

Reactions: bacchist

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
All of that is what makes a team good. They're finding ways to win even when they aren't playing their best, like tonight. Very few teams just wipe the floor with opponents night after night.

Also, props to @StrikingDistance for the perfect thread title again.
Had a feeling Willy would be motivated to perform after reading this forum. lol

Happy Feastday to all! Hope everyone enjoys their turkey, tofurkey, or crow served by Tom Wilson.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Once TVR and Edmundson came back things got better on the defensive side. Also Jensen and Sandin got progressively better not that long before that - and suddenly D is not making me feel worried every shift theyre hemmed in.

But watching team going from their net to the NZ and OZ with passing really is delightful. And they do it all game long even if there are some mistakes. Keep it up.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Once TVR and Edmundson came back things got better on the defensive side. Also Jensen and Sandin got progressively better not that long before that - and suddenly D is not making me feel worried every shift theyre hemmed in.

But watching team going from their net to the NZ and OZ with passing really is delightful. And they do it all game long even if there are some mistakes. Keep it up.
Edmundson has looked good in my limited viewings. I wonder what the fancies are saying about him.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Good game! Im impressed by this team. Im happy to report that it seems like we have our #1 and #2 C in Strome and CMM. Sandin had a very good game, looking really involved and with some nice takeaways. Edmundson looking solid and quite nice to see Willy with the game-tying goal. Still a bit concerned about Ovi who looks more clumpsy than usual, but it's alright i guess, he does that sometimes. Nice hit on Jost.

Right now, this team is somehow looking like a playoff team. Interesting road trip coming up against some challenging opposition.

Reactions: PlushMinus

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
We have the best streak in the league recently, but we've been playing bottom teams except for Vegas... The LA match will be very interesting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00