HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
8-17-45
39-24-43
15-29-21
47-26-96

I think this would be the lineup I go with. I don't like Wilson and Ovechkin together. They aren't complementary players at all: both are triggermen with very few possession elements to their game, and both have defensive deficiencies. Both also have significantly better metrics apart than together over the past 3 years.

I think two defensively responsible possession players playing on the same lines as Ovechkin and Wilson is probably the way to go.

I'd keep the bottom 6 together for now given their recent play.

That's a fine thought to start the season but it's been 13 games and the trend line isn't great. At some point it's time to pull the plug.
Yeah…..NO.

The Hockey Jockey on 1st line? Really? How’s he gonna do on the road when the other coach can put their best line against him?

It is going to be ugly.

Put 92 in 45’s slot. Play them together. Strome and Kuz.

Strome could use a passing winger. He’s got a better shot than field vision. IMO.

Oshie can sit (sadly) until he’s ready to replace NAK or someone else shits their bed (like Lapierre).

8-17-92
39-24-43
15-29-21
47-26-96

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Come on, guys. SC wont shift Kuzy to wing. He will sit Jimi obviously. Or send him down.
Do you think he will go back to Russia when his contract is up in Washington? Does he have strong family connections over there?

He doesn't seem like a guy who really wants to play hockey well into his 30's. At least not at an NHL level., Maybe he'd play for a KHL team. I seem to remember him saying he had made a lot of money already and won a Cup and there is "more to life than hockey"?

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Hockey Jockey on 1st line? Really? How’s he gonna do on the road when the other coach can put their best line against him?

Better than the players who have received 1RW duty this year, namely Tom Wilson and TJ Oshie who are both bottom 10% NHLers at this point. That's my guess at least.

• Haha
Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Do you think he will go back to Russia when his contract is up in Washington? Does he have strong family connections over there?

He doesn't seem like a guy who really wants to play hockey well into his 30's. At least not at an NHL level., Maybe he'd play for a KHL team. I seem to remember him saying he had made a lot of money already and won a Cup and there is "more to life than hockey"?
It isnt easy to predict Kuzy's actions

Reactions: PlushMinus

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Kuznetsov is a boom-or-bust. His value at the start of the season is in the toilet. You give him few months to rebuild that value and give him all the opportunities to do that (especially down one veteran center in Backstrom) while reading the market and being ready to dump him the second someone wants him.

Lapierre performing well while being here is only an added bonus. Hershey has a brilliant team and a great environment, it's not the end of the world if he drops down from time to time to play on a top-line, PP role.

This debacle has a win-win-win or lose-lose-lose -scenario written all over it. Either Kuznetsov rebuilds his value and gets the trade that he wants. He wins. GMBM seems way over his actions so if that happens the Capitals win. Lapierre wins too there is now a hole #1 in TOI for forwards has left and there is ice-time for the taking.

Other scenario is that Kuznetsov continues to suck and nobody still wants him. He's stuck here. GMBM will lose his hair because he can't dump him anywhere. Lapierre is a loser there because one of the center is still occupied by Kuznetsov.

I don't mind this scenario, for the time being. There is still hope that someone might take a swing at it. Trash turns into gold often closer to the deadline. That being said it's leaning towards the way that their best (possibly only) option is going to be if there is an injury later on that leads to team using the LTIR until Playoffs loophole and wants to acquire Kuznetsov. It might be an enticing option for a team lacking assets that is all-in, because he wouldn't propably cost much to acquire. That being said it's going to be tough for a contender to eat that last year of his contract.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I'd be inclined to believe this were just a tough start to a single season rather than a multi-season downward trend with both Wilson and Oshie.
Lumping them together isn’t accurate, IMO.

Wilson is one thing, Oshie is another. They both have started slowly (Oshie far moreso), and both could reverse the trajectory (Wilson for moreso).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad