GDT: G13: Capitals @ Islanders | 11/11/23 | 7:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Him and the other Hershey graduates are making this a fun season for me.
Career-high TOI for Malenstyn (16:54) and Johansen (20:11) in this one. Shep in net also gave it a distinct feel along the lines of the Bears run last year.

They've come together nicely. As typically a skeptic they're making some statements lately. Still not sold on how typically ineffective their top forwards are but buy-in is there. Depth is there. That they're winning while still not really firing on all cylinders bodes well.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Team is playing solid hockey right now. Fix the PP and they will compete with anyone in the league.

I'm worried about Oshie though. He looks about as done as Nicky was.

Still prefer 17 with 8. They were dominant together and better offensively. 92 has been okay but still does a lot of dumb things.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Based on his postgame interview, Shep has plenty of that goofy goalie secret sauce that is common to successful netminders

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win. Pretty good game from the kid line, Johansen looked better and Ovie 2 goals, can't complain.

Shepard gifted away an easy shutout away but he remains undefeated in the NHL. Stevenson does a great job growing in Hershey. Suddenly we have 3 positive goals saved above expected goalies in the NHL and AHL goalie with brilliant numbers too.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Team is playing solid hockey right now. Fix the PP and they will compete with anyone in the league.

I'm worried about Oshie though. He looks about as done as Nicky was.

Still prefer 17 with 8. They were dominant together and better offensively. 92 has been okay but still does a lot of dumb things.
Oshie does look cooked. I'm guessing his back is bothering him a lot

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I am officially on-board with this coaching staff - the Caps are winning games they shouldn't.

Impressive stuff.

I think all the injuries last season coupled with Lavi's flat refusal to play more talented younger players perhaps led to the impression that the team is worse than it is.

It really is weird that the Capitals have had a low PDO and a mediocre 5v5 chance share along with a bad PP and are still 9th in the NHL in points percentage.

So-called advanced stats produce weird results with regularity.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Watched highlights only

Looked like Jensen is coming to life, right?
Dowd didnt look like he lost mobility after surgery and he's certainly better 4C than Protas
Beck-Dowd-NAK is what I expected before season and hopefully they can be a pain in the ass for opponents

They need someone younger instead of Oshie

Imagine

8-17/92-43
15-92/17-Pacioretty
39-24-21
47-26-96

Doesn't look bad

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Watched highlights only

Looked like Jensen is coming to life, right?

Yeah at one point Jensen aggressively sliced through two defenders to get a free zone entry and it was a pretty awesome move. Caught them totally off guard.

He did something else awesome a few minutes later - can't remember what exactly.

But yeah that game was the best he's played in a while IMO.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Yeah at one point Jensen aggressively sliced through two defenders to get a free zone entry and it was a pretty awesome move. Caught them totally off guard.

He did something else awesome a few minutes later - can't remember what exactly.

But yeah that game was the best he's played in a while IMO.

Jensen has always seemed to need a little time to adjust to new systems. Like he thinks too much, and when he can "just play", his talent finally appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad