GDT: G13: Capitals @ Islanders | 11/11/23 | 7:30p ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
No pregame skate since they played last night. Sandin and Fever both game time decisions after leaving last night with injuries. Would assume they’re playing Shepard in net and not Chuckie back to back. Likely tough sledding tonight but let’s see what they got.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I don't know if I'd assume Fever is playing, his injury was non-contact and that's super scary.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

Figured as much. I'd be worried long term with him, but I suppose they'd have gone straight to LTIR if it was Achilles.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I don't know if I'd assume Fever is playing, his injury was non-contact and that's super scary.

It looks like Fever's right skate makes direct contact with Mercer's left skate, and afterward he's treating it gingerly - no idea of the possible injury. That's immediately after Mercer's stick appears to slap Fever on the side of the face while following thru on his shot.

HecticGlow

Mar 14, 2016
Europe

Figured as much. I'd be worried long term with him, but I suppose they'd have gone straight to LTIR if it was Achilles.

Wouldn’t assume that. They have Backstrom’s cap hit already on LTIR, so no advantage to be had putting any other guys on LTIR. It’s the roster space they needed, and IR gives them that.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Dylan McIlrath, woof.
Not expect but depressing a brisk fall Saturday.

Still not over my first GT500 oil change cost $312.

200w.gif

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I candidly expect the Caps to get drilled. They got their 2pts on this little NYC back to back excursion already.
Nah. Despite their depleted d-group they might be okay because the Isles don't score a lot of goals anyways. Forwards just have to support the D more and not cheat up the ice. Last time the Caps played the Isles, they were off for 4 days. This time the Caps are more in rhythm. Also if Hunter Shepard is in net, I think he will be more comfortable because the previous game he played against the Devils was his first NHL game of his career. Another benefit for Shepard, is he's somewhat familiar with all the Hershey d-men that could be in the lineup for today.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
He sucks. Whomever in the Caps brain trust keeps thinking he is an answer as an NHL d-man on a rainy day needs to be fired.

He is great in Hershey but should never be on the big roster.

Is Iorio injured?
This is where I'm at. If Fehervary is missing any significant amount of time, assuming he's still got plenty of games to burn and be waiver eligible, they should just bump TVR to the left and play Iorio.

Sandin - Carlson
HHA - Jensen
TVR - Iorio

Swap HHA and TVR as needed, but give Iorior 15 to 20 minutes a night of NHL ice and she how he handles it.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
He sucks. Whomever in the Caps brain trust keeps thinking he is an answer as an NHL d-man on a rainy day needs to be fired.

Is Iorio injured?

If I had to guess (and usually I am wrong) but I feel like Iorio only gets called up if they think its a big injury cause its not like mcilrath will even play

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Is Iorio injured?
Think you’re getting pretty worked up over the guy who is at best 10th on the organizational depth chart on defense. At this point McIlrath behind Carlson, Fever, Sandin, Jensen, HHA, TvR, Edmundson, Alexeyev, and Johansen. He’s only called up because three defensemen are on IR and Sandin may not play either. Not sure too many teams are pumped about their options if they’re missing four top six defensemen.

Does Iorio PK? TvR and Fever are two of their better penalty killers and Carlson is already pushing 29 minutes a game so I can see where they’d want McIlrath to come in for 10-12 minutes and eat pucks if necessary.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Is Iorio injured?
Think about it for minute! Dylan McIlrath is being called up for his physical aspect because the Isles play a hard checking game. He's an emergency call up and not a regular. Iorio, Priskie, etc are not physical d-men and you also have to factor in LD-RD pairings.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Think about it for minute! Dylan McIlrath is being called up for his physical aspect because the Isles play a hard checking game. He's an emergency call up and not a regular. Iorio, Priskie, etc are not physical d-men and you also have to factor in LD-RD pairings.
Iorio is a right hander too…so no difference there.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
lets not also forget that after tonights game, the capitals only play 2 games in the next 11 days so plenty of time to rest ferhavary and a quick stopgap for mcilrath. Dont see a reason to call up Iorio when hershey plays 5 games during that same stretch of time

Reactions: tycoonheart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad