G Yaroslav Askarov - SKA-Neva St.Petersburg, VHL (2020, 11th, NSH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is it worth picking that high someone who may take 7-8 years to even come to America?

Genuinely interested on if there's any word what he ks doing post draft as theres been a few superstar goalies waiting in Russia for at least what, 5 years? Although they are coming over now.

What’s your source for it taking 7-8 years for him to sign with the NHL team that drafts him?

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
What’s your source for it taking 7-8 years for him to sign with the NHL team that drafts him?

I said may. And I'm just going off the last two superstar goalies who spent a lot of time in KHL dropping heavy hitter numbers.

Especially if said team (like New Jersey with Blackwood) doesn't offer a clear cut path while he could just be a starter at 18 in the KHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I said may. And I'm just going off the last two superstar goalies who spent a lot of time in KHL dropping heavy hitter numbers.

Especially if said team (like New Jersey with Blackwood) doesn't offer a clear cut path while he could just be a starter at 18 in the KHL

Cut that number in half, and that seems like the high range for when he’d come to the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Shesterkin is about to get his first full NHL season at age 24/25.

Samsonov is about to get his first full NHL season at age 23/24.

Sorokin is about to come over for his first full NHL season at age 25 (or so I heard).

Merzlikins is another guy that might be a star and he just arrived from Switzerland at age 25.

It's not just that they take a while to come over, even if they are over early you are probably not getting an elite starter until age 22 or 23 at the earliest because goalies take so long to develop.

I feel pretty confident that Askarov will be a star but there's a big cost to waiting that long. Half or more of the RFA years will be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad