Prospect Info: G Topias Leinonen -- Selected 41st overall in 2022

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Can they sign him and send him down to Jacksonville next year? I don't even know if they can do that or not. There may be room in Rochester for him depending on what they do with Levi, but IDK if he's ready for the AHL.

He needs to play though. 6 games is just not enough for a 20 year old. He needs reps at this point.
Probably depends on his contract situation in Europe for next year and they would need to get him signed to his ELC.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Can they sign him and send him down to Jacksonville next year? I don't even know if they can do that or not. There may be room in Rochester for him depending on what they do with Levi, but IDK if he's ready for the AHL.

He needs to play though. 6 games is just not enough for a 20 year old. He needs reps at this point.
Nobody wants to play him. He’s been the worst goalie on every team he’s played for this year. I don’t know why we would bother signing him. He’s been terrible.

Reactions: CaliSabresfan24

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Nobody wants to play him. He’s been the worst goalie on every team he’s played for this year. I don’t know why we would bother signing him. He’s been terrible.
They're going to do whatever they can to justify picking him in the 2nd round.

At the time I thought it was Adams worst pick and its continuing to look that way but I don't have a problem with getting him to NA and see what he can do here first

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

At the time I thought it was Adams worst pick and its continuing to look that way but I don't have a problem with getting him to NA and see what he can do here first

They hold his rights for two more years, there isn't a necessity to waste a contract spot on the guy until he gets himself righted. Part of that might be getting out of JYP's cesspool of an organization.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix

Someone has to play in ECHL, Houser can't play forever.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They hold his rights for two more years, there isn't a necessity to waste a contract spot on the guy until he gets himself righted. Part of that might be getting out of JYP's cesspool of an organization.
He can come over and sign an AHL/ECHL contract

They can sign him to an ahl only contract and still hold his rights and not count as a contract. Glotov they did that with iirc.

Reactions: Dingo44

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He can come over and sign an AHL/ECHL contract

He needs to see pucks and get games. That's unlikely to happen in the AHL and most ECHL teams with affiliations aren't going to be keen to take on an overhaul like this. They'd be better off seeing if they can get him into the net somewhere outside of Finland, like into HockeyEttan the third tier in Sweden and not signing him until they get some sort of consistency out of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad