G Pavel Francouz (2008 Undrafted; signed by COL)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Came into a Pavel Francouz thread. Found a Rangers fan talking about his team's prospect instead.

Didn't know that I have to stay in certain threads on this website based on my team allegiance. I reacted to what I thought was a questionable comment. Avalanche fans couldn't control themselves, and leapt to the defense of someone they claim they don't actually know anything about. I'm sure thats what you are doing here.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Is this thread for real? If the logic in this thread was true, we probably could have gotten a kings ransom for Sparks last year.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I think there is one thing everyone in this thread can agree upon: Please don't make this thread about the leafs.
No you're right... Lets keep this thread going about how a 28 year old is doing well after a handful of games in the AHL and that Ilya Sorokin doesnt exist.

Go ahead.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
He's definitely someone I'm looking forward to seeing progress. Will be interesting going forward what we'll do with Varly/Grubs/Francouz.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
No you're right... Lets keep this thread going about how a 28 year old is doing well after a handful of games in the AHL and that Ilya Sorokin doesnt exist.

Go ahead.

You clearly have no idea what Ur talking about.

28 year olds are allowed to be elite too...especially amongst goalies. he lead the khl the past two seasons, so its mostly not about the AHL.

But please, bring up sparks again. Not on the same level as francouz, or shestyorkin.

Ur contribution to this thread of nothing is overwhelmingly unappreciated.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
To add something of value to the thread, and to drawn out the drivel posted so far, this is not surprising in the slightest. Obviously the ignoramuses never heard of him before so they have no idea how good this guy has been for quite a long time. He has unequivocally been the best goaltender in the KHL for the last couple of years, dragging a barely average team to the playoffs, while the said team surrendered an awful lot of shots on goal on pretty much regular basis. The take about them being good defensively is downright hilarious, but certainly not as bad as saying he is not all that because he is stuck behind two proven NHL goalies. And yeah, Sorokin and Shestryokin are good, but not as good as he is right now, nor have they been tested at all playing behind two all star teams that allow around 20 shots per game.

To quote myself from when he was signed:

Francouz played on a decent team, but not on the likes of SKA, CSKA or Ak Bars, on average he faced 30 shots on goal per game - while guys like Koskinen, Shestryokin, Larsson, etc faced between 18 to 25 shots per game - , was the biggest reason the team finished in the playoffs as they had the lowest total of goals for out of any team in the East, and the 2nd lowest out of all playoff teams finishing 9th worst in the entire KHL in terms of goals per game, he is .7 higher than his closest competitor in save percentage with 94.6%, while his teammate had 1.5% lower save percentage. He is really good, and one of the most impressive goalies I have seen in the KHL.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Didn't know that I have to stay in certain threads on this website based on my team allegiance. I reacted to what I thought was a questionable comment. Avalanche fans couldn't control themselves, and leapt to the defense of someone they claim they don't actually know anything about. I'm sure thats what you are doing here.
You calling someone ignorant. Hilarious beyond belief given what you posted here. Hot take after hot take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad