G Mikhail Berdin (2016, 157th, WPG)

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Good to see the Moose are properly preparing their goalies for playing for the Jets. Hang them out to dry.
I'm not sure what Winnipeg's protection list is going to look like, but I'd be seriously thinking about Berdin if I was Seattle. Not too many legit prospect goalies available who are waiver exempt.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm not sure what Winnipeg's protection list is going to look like, but I'd be seriously thinking about Berdin if I was Seattle. Not too many legit prospect goalies available who are waiver exempt.
I mentioned that a while ago. With the emergence of Appleton he is a likely selection candidate as well.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I mentioned that a while ago. With the emergence of Appleton he is a likely selection candidate as well.
Appleton will be protected. Berdin obviously won’t but I’m not sure if there is really any appeal there for Seattle.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Appleton will be protected. Berdin obviously won’t but I’m not sure if there is really any appeal there for Seattle.
I think the appeal is it's a goalie you could take, and then send to your AHL team. There aren't too many of those available who are legit prospects. They won't have any trouble at all filling their #1 and #2 spots with NHL-experienced goalies. But there are hardly any "top prospect" goalies available. And they've got 30 picks to burn. That's a lot more than a full roster. Picking a strong #3/goalie prospect would be appealing, as long as Winnipeg doesn't have somebody else who stands out exposed.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
If you're judging consistency you probably want more than a 5 game sample.
I’ve been judging every game since he came to North America. 174 games in all. The man is a regular in the stars of the game. Even when he loses. So no not just judging a 5 game sample from this year.

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I’ve been judging every game since he came to North America. 174 games in all. The man is a regular in the stars of the game. Even when he loses. So no not just judging a 5 game sample from this year.
He was wildly inconsistent last year. Like the definition of. He would go on short streaks where he'd be ridiculously good but was below-average most of the time.

Reactions: Tube Skates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad