G Logan Thompson (2015 undrafted; signed by VGK)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
“I always thought I had the potential and thought I was good enough,” Thompson says. “When teams were telling me I wasn’t good enough … and that I wasn’t going to sign an NHL contract, it was definitely disappointing and frustrating. [Brock University] gave me a second chance, and I fell in love with the game again.”

that says a lot i think.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
He's played 14 games in the AHL behind the best team in the league. Can we wait for him to burden a larger starter load at this level before we start calling him "too good" for the league?

If he's not developed properly, he'll get picked apart at the NHL level by shooters, let alone even be remotely capable to play 50+ games as a starter. Let him play another year+ in the AHL. He's 24.

Nothing wrong with an NHL game or two here and there though.

At first I wasn’t convinced it was Thompson because HSK are a good defensive team but I’m convinced he and Dostal at at least NHL backups in a year or so. The Pacific division playoffs may solidify his standing as a bonafide goalie prospect... or not.

Reactions: Hinterland

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
From his last 150 shots faced (2 play-offs games) Logan has saved 144, that's 96% of them.
Are you saying he's faced 150 shots in two playoff games? That doesn't add up.

Or are you saying he's faced 150 shots in his last five games -- which includes three regular season games and two playoff games?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I'm confident in saying Logan Thompson is in the same tier of AHL goalies like Cal Petersen, Francouz, Dostal, and Craig Andersen. Those are the ones I've seen that have wow-ed me.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
At first I wasn’t convinced it was Thompson because HSK are a good defensive team but I’m convinced he and Dostal at at least NHL backups in a year or so. The Pacific division playoffs may solidify his standing as a bonafide goalie prospect... or not.
Henderson is not so good at defence that team defence is solely responsible for his puny GAA and excellent save percentage. I think we need to give Thompson more of the credit. He faced 30 or more shots in 15 of the 23 games he played this season, including eight with 38 or more shots. Also, there is a big difference between Thompson's save percentage and that of Oscar Dansk or Jiri Patera.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 15.11.40.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 15.11.40.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: voxel

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Nice to see Vegas has a potentially solid guy to eventually take the reins in net. Eventually Fleury will retire and I'm not confident in Lehner being our guy for the future.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
He played his first full NHL game last night (albeit preseason) and stopped 24 of 28 shots. Not a great statline, but all four goals were high-danger shots from the slot. Vegas defence didn't play that well in front of him. He's likely ticketed for a full season as No. 1 in Henderson, but DeBoer says he's earned a "look" this year. See the quote at the end of this article.

Edit: Adding a couple tweets from the Athletic's beat writer, Jesse Granger, who covers the Golden Knights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dempsey

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Kid looked pretty solid in that game and I found myself irritated that the Knights have yet another good goalie in the pipeline. Good poise on a lot of decent chances, no real stinkers that I recall.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad