G Justus Annunen - Colorado Eagles, AHL (2018, 64th, COL)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Extremely talented, seemed to be a bit of a book on him though and he got beat high a lot.
I would say that he was more inconsistent than getting "beat high", but that technique is used to beat any goaler in the league so it isn't just against him. Annunen is extremely good down low, but he still needs find another level of explosive speed for his overall game and some of that is losing a bit of weight.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He isn't on the Kärpät lineup tonight, he hasn't played since the WJC's.. I wonder if he was injured at the WJCs..

Might explain his inconsistency.

E: Ok, he has a flu.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Interesting that Avs signed him if they are planning to loan him back to Kärpät. This burns a year from his ELC, they had until 2022 to sign him.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Interesting that Avs signed him if they are planning to loan him back to Kärpät. This burns a year from his ELC, they had until 2022 to sign him.
I think this was by design. It burns a year yes but then on his next contract, he only really has two years to prove what he’s got. Allowing more flexibility with his 2nd contract. Sakic did the same with Makar, everyone was up in arms about how they are wasting a year of his elc, but now Makar‘s next contract comes a year earlier than if we slide his elc. It’s definitely a risk, but a risk Sakic likes taking.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
I think this was by design. It burns a year yes but then on his next contract, he only really has two years to prove what he’s got. Allowing more flexibility with his 2nd contract. Sakic did the same with Makar, everyone was up in arms about how they are wasting a year of his elc, but now Makar‘s next contract comes a year earlier than if we slide his elc. It’s definitely a risk, but a risk Sakic likes taking.

The Makar burning a year was not by design, it's a thing that every highly touted NCAA player does when they sign at the end of their year.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
The Makar burning a year was not by design, it's a thing that every highly touted NCAA player does when they sign at the end of their year.
It very much way by design. If Sakic didn’t want him to play, and burn a year, he wouldn’t have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad