G Justus Annunen - Colorado Eagles, AHL (2018, 64th, COL)

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Don’t get used to that strong Finnish defensive structure my friend avs don’t deploy it.

That's not a fair assessment for a few reasons:
1. Finns actually haven't played great defense so far in this WJC. It's been inconsistent.

2. Annunen is not going to start for Avs for at least a few years. At that point, the Avs D is going to be quite different. For instance, Makar is a rookie right now. In a few years he should be better defensively. The Avs can of course add to their defense in the future and their other young D should improve over time. I think that Annunen can do very well on the Avs in the future...

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Shut out today. Love that he was part of the Duchene trade.

Cautiously optimistic after how Aittokallio turned out.

Duchene trade acquired draft picks accounting for 3 of 4 of the current WJC players for the Avalanche. The 2019 pick - 4th overall and moved the 2018 - 58th overall selection from Nashville to trade down to 63rd/145th picks:
  • 4th overall - CDN defenseman Bowen Byram
  • 63th overall - Finnish goaltender Justus Annunen.
  • 146th overall - Russian defenseman Danila Zhuravlyov.

:avs

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Duchene trade acquired draft picks accounting for 3 of 4 of the current WJC players for the Avalanche. The 2019 pick - 4th overall and moved the 2018 - 58th overall selection from Nashville to trade down to 63rd/145th picks:
  • 4th overall - CDN defenseman Bowen Byram
  • 63th overall - Finnish goaltender Justus Annunen.
  • 146th overall - Russian defenseman Danila Zhuravlyov.

:avs
Annunen was drafted 64th overall.

Reactions: Patagonia

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
1. Finns actually haven't played great defense so far in this WJC. It's been inconsistent.

2. Annunen is not going to start for Avs for at least a few years. At that point, the Avs D is going to be quite different. For instance, Makar is a rookie right now. In a few years he should be better defensively. The Avs can of course add to their defense in the future and their other young D should improve over time. I think that Annunen can do very well on the Avs in the future...
I can't help but think of this re-wording of the old E.B. White quote:

"Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but the thing dies in the process."

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Goalies normally require 4-5 years after they've been drafted to reach the NHL. Annunen was drafted in 2018, so another 3-4 years is approx. the correct timeline. AVs with their current youth will only be a slightly different team, but even better with more experience.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
He let in one soft goal. With all the power plays Sweden has had the fins are lucky he’s in net or it would be a blowout

That was the GWG. It was brutal and cost my Fins a medal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad