G Jakub Dobes (2020, 136th, MTL)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for always posting these montreal.

Czech goalie factory is funny... Russian goalie factory is one elite after another. Czech goalie factory is currently NHL player after NHL player but no elite... yet.

This year we've had 7 crack the NHL - I have an insane hot take that Mrazek will be the starter for the Leafs come playoff time based on the second half (yes, I know I'm alone). Francouz is posting amazing numbers (on an elite team) and then you have Vanecek, Vladar, Vlejmelka, Rittich and Dostal (with great stats in small sample size). This month Skarek was player of month in AHL. Parik is rising. Patera is rising and Dobes continues to impress. Malik doing well in FInland (last I checked) and we keep getting 2 drafted per year. It's a slow build for sure but in a few years, there may be 10 Czech goalies in the NHL (our of 62). So keep going Dobes! You're in a nice school of goalies and maybe buck the trend and become a pure starter.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
At this point it's gotta be between Dobes and Levi for the Mike Richter award this year

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At this point it's gotta be between Dobes and Levi for the Mike Richter award this year

as for now Dobes leads the NCAA in saves, Levi has been better but Northeastern who I watch almost every game of theirs, has a much better blueline, I would think it's one of the best in the NCAA as that top 6 is really solid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
@montreal are you aware what Dobes' commitment is with Ohio State? When do you think we'll see him turn pro?

I haven't heard anything, I would think one more year at Ohio State. Primeau can stay in Laval next year as he doesn't need waivers. Dichow they have talked to about coming over but it sounds like he may end up with Frolunda in the SHL. So we'll see what management has planned for him.

Reactions: Eegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad