G Ilya Sorokin (2014, 78th, NYI)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I consider Sorokin, Dobson, Pulock, and Barzal the cornerstones for the Isles present and future. If Sorokin is half as good as he is indicating he will be in the NHL. That's a rock solid foundation the Isles have there with these 4 pillars.

Reactions: BTrotts19

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What will happen to Ilya Sorokin next season? Any real chance to play for New York Islanders?
igor eronko who is a good source for russian based players indicated he was not resigning with the khl or atleast at that time he was not. Also reports this summer indicated he was happy lamoriello was the gm as apposed to snow. Which seemed to the genesis for him signing. 3 year contract back in the khl i think he is coming over. I would be shocked if lou doesn’t already know this.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Per CBA rules on ELC, he doesn’t need to be on an elc if he’s 25 and older. He turns 25 in late August. So do the Isles have to wait until then to sign him?

what do they offer a goalie with no North American experience? Be an interesting contract negotiation.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Per CBA rules on ELC, he doesn’t need to be on an elc if he’s 25 and older. He turns 25 in late August. So do the Isles have to wait until then to sign him?

what do they offer a goalie with no North American experience? Be an interesting contract negotiation.
One year deal from April to the end of the season. Multi year deal after that

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
And one more shutout win in the KHL today and he has now got 57 of those in his career, which makes him 2nd all-time, not bad for someone 24 years old.

Is this 57 just in the KHL or some career cumulative? If just KHL that’s absurd.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
By comparison (just comparing numbers, don’t freak out...) NHL SO leader Martin Brodeur had 125 shutouts in 1266 games, or a whisker above 10%.

I’m curious to know the shut out rate on bigger ice vs NHL ice. Is it higher?

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
By comparison (just comparing numbers, don’t freak out...) NHL SO leader Martin Brodeur had 125 shutouts in 1266 games, or a whisker above 10%.

He also plays in the best team of last few years that plays very hard in defense. So stat watching of him is not the best way.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well it depends on the league but in the KHL it is higher for sure. Metsola just recorded his 12th shutout of the season yesterday and SYu isn't even a good defensive team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The Isles would be completely mad to make such a trade.

Eronko believes the opposite he said and Lou has met with Sorokins agent. Sorokin is the isles best chance at a franchise goaltender and will only be 25 next year. Lou’s sees Samsonov Shestyorkin and Georgiev all having great success. Sorokin could be right there with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad