G Eve Gascon--Gatineau Olympiques, QMJHL

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Pretty sure the camera operator is having a beer while working. He's always 2 seconds behind when the puck moves

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
With the Slovak girl Nela going viral it made me think of Eve Gascon who actually played 2 games in the QMJHL last year. Looked her up she's still playing with men in the level right below the Q, she's 10-3-0 with .934% and 2.00 GAA. That's mighty impressive!

She's going to Minnesota-Duluth next year (Women's team). Gonna be weird to play against women for her, she's been playing with the boys for the past 8 seasons lol

Mar 12, 2009
With the Slovak girl Nela going viral it made me think of Eve Gascon who actually played 2 games in the QMJHL last year. Looked her up she's still playing with men in the level right below the Q, she's 10-3-0 with .934% and 2.00 GAA. That's mighty impressive!

She's going to Minnesota-Duluth next year (Women's team). Gonna be weird to play against women for her, she's been playing with the boys for the past 8 seasons lol
It's not uncommon, a lot of the best women goalies play mainly with mens/boys teams coming through the ranks because they are good enough that they can play and need that heightened level of competition to continue developing, especially in those U20 years where development is crucial.

Around here we had a girl playing in the AAA boys teams growing up and she stuck with those teams until at least mid teen years because she was that good. Went on to play NCAA and I think has a hockey school she coaches now.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad