G Connor Ingram (2016, 88th, TBL; traded to NSH)

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Well this kid is 18, and became starter at the age of 17 for the Blazers. He has a career 41-37-7-6 record with a 2.88 GAA and 0.909 save percentage.

This year he has stolen many games for the Blazers who's average age on Defence is 17.57.

He went undrafted last year and is rated only 12th for goalies this year. I just don't get it. Maybe scouts lost faith in the Blazers being competent to still develop players.

He already is a top 3 tendy in the WHL.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
hes my bold goalie prediction of being the first WHL goalie taken in the draft(yes before Carter Hart.. people can trash talk me if they want, but im sticking by my prediction!!!!)

have seen him many times and he was unbelievable this year.. ALOT of hype with him around the arena's and opposing coaches know that Ingram is capable of stealing every game, but very little talk of him amongst fans and hfboards. Truly wont be surprised if he's a 2nd round pick and he WILL be the top goalie in the WHL next year

cant believe this reply is only #3 haha

Last edited:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The only reason Kamloops won games. Haha.

He doesn't really have a projectable frame and I can't say he's super athletic, but at the end of the day he keeps the puck out of the net.

My honest opinion is that he tops out as a really good junior goalie with an outside shot at pro, but that's just my opinion and goalies are voodoo.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I go to about 10 Blazers games a year and saw all their playoff games this year. What everyone has said is true, the guy can steal games. In game 3 of the playoffs, he made at least 6 or 7 incredible stops - Kamloops should have been blown out during that game.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I go to about 10 Blazers games a year and saw all their playoff games this year. What everyone has said is true, the guy can steal games. In game 3 of the playoffs, he made at least 6 or 7 incredible stops - Kamloops should have been blown out during that game.

It's too bad kamloops didn't knock off kelowna. It's funny cause out of all the first round matchups, I couldn't believe how many people predicted kelowna to be upset by kamloops. In the end it didn't happen, but the reason why everyone predicted tjat was because "blazers have Ingram"

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I'm interested in hearing any scouting reports and where / if people think he'll get drafted this draft.

DraftBuzz ranked #183 last year and loved, having the highest public ranking:

CONNOR INGRAM may not have great size [6’0.5], he may not have CSS behind him [19th ranked NA goalie], and he may not be flashy, but there is something about this guy that says he deserves placement. Technicality schmechnicality, raw tools schmools, this guy just stops the puck in ways the other draft goalies just don’t. As a rookie with a ton of focus and battle, he sees each puck out and fights to deny it. He’s really good down low, like trademark of his game good. He competes to get any part of his body necessary on pucks if he needs to, and has a good glove that can go top down. Most of the goals that you will see him let in are correctable either by defensive cueing or stance adjustment. He gets really low to suck in shots and this affects him on high shots that he can’t see and react to. Getting a bit more athletic will help him manage his crease better, as his lateral movement suffers on fast direction shades to the left or right. Think about this – he was as a rookie fresh out of Midget AAA who maintained .904SVS% and 2.96GA playing in 72% of his WHL’s regular season games. With the amount of picks that are invested in goalies year after year it will be a travesty if Ingram isn’t one of them.

johna2626

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta
Ingram has a better SV% than Hart this season, and leads the WHL in SV%.

I know he is a year older than Hart, but Ingram really needs to get some more shine

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Ingram has a better SV% than Hart this season, and leads the WHL in SV%.

I know he is a year older than Hart, but Ingram really needs to get some more shine

I have him and Hart as the Top 2 goalies of the WHL. They are literally neck and neck for top spot in the WHL. You could say either one will win top goalie honours and not be wrong.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Another of Tampa's very underrated prospects.

He had a .914 last season in his first AHL season and is now .920 in his second AHL season.

He's not going to beat out Vasilevskiy, but Ingram could be a quality backup for Tampa. He's been one of the more underrated goalie prospects for a few years. He's put up good stats four seasons in a row.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Anybody know what’s going on with this guy? He gets sent down to the ECHL despite putting up great numbers in the AHL .922%. Apparently there are some personal issues or something of that nature. It seems very odd.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Anybody know what’s going on with this guy? He gets sent down to the ECHL despite putting up great numbers in the AHL .922%. Apparently there are some personal issues or something of that nature. It seems very odd.

Tampa's personnel is not happy with hid attitude and work ethic.
Most of us believe he will be traded

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's a super weird situation to me.

Tampa had a top 5 pick in Drouin who openly and obviously wanted out. He refused to play. Tampa stuck on him, made him play to raise his value and them dumped him. With Ingram, they've banished him to the ECHL bench, all the while no one from any camp is saying anything. You'd think once it got to this point, the agent would come out and make a statement on behalf of his player saying he wanted out or something.

Some quotes and info (ht to @TampaJay) for collecting these.

Ingram: “We have bosses for a reason. It doesn’t matter what my point of view is, it’s what their point of view is,” Ingram said. “They have our career in their hands, and they decide things like that. It’s not up to us. We just do what we can control."

Joe Smith(@joesmithtb): Agent Blake Evans suggested that this was more of a situation where the Lightning wanted Ingram to be a better pro on and off the ice

From the Agent: “Any young kid, your first couple years, you think you’re working hard in junior hockey and probably are. But working in the American League is that much harder, then the NHL is even more,” Evans said. “You just have to learn how to work hard every day. Obviously, Connor is a huge prospect and his numbers are among the best in the AHL. That’s great, but (the Lightning) want him to become one of the best goalies in the NHL. You’ve got to learn how to work extra hard every day.”

From the Syracuse blog: "BriseBois said he intended to go to St. Louis on Friday but instead swung through Syracuse to try to clear the air with Ingram. Without going into further details, BriseBois said it became apparent by the end of that meeting that it would be better off for everyone if Ingram returned to the Solar Bears for the rest of the season. Ingram declined to comment on Saturday."

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have there been any hints in the past year about what happened in Tampa?

He had a great season with the Preds AHL affiliate, and statistically has been one of the most productive goalie prospects around the league the last five years. How does he figure into the goalie situation in Nashville? Is he going to split time with Saros when Rinne retires? How much longer can he be kept in the AHL, considering he's now played three AHL seasons and had a .933 this season after a .922 the season before?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad