G Alexis Gravel, Halifax Mooseheads - 162nd overall, 2018

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Not saying that signing Gravel makes it better, but still boggles my mind that we don't have a young goalie who can step in if/when Crow gets annually hurt. Our drafting / development record on goalies is abysmal.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Not saying that signing Gravel makes it better, but still boggles my mind that we don't have a young goalie who can step in if/when Crow gets annually hurt. Our drafting / development record on goalies is abysmal.
There hasn't been any young goaltender in the system worth getting excited for in recent years. It is deeply concerning. They really should've started investing into the future of the position years ago. Man, Carter Hart would've looked really nice in a Hawks jersey.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
There hasn't been any young goaltender in the system worth getting excited for in recent years. It is deeply concerning. They really should've started investing into the future of the position years ago. Man, Carter Hart would've looked really nice in a Hawks jersey.
I want to get excited for Basse literally just because he's 6'6", but he's so far away from maybe possibly being something. I don't think we'll see him for another 5 years lol.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Does he? I am not sure he does.

I guess time will tell. You know way more about the position than I do. Maybe I jumped the gun a little because there is still a lot that can happen in the off-season with our goalie situation.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I guess time will tell. You know way more about the position than I do. Maybe I jumped the gun a little because there is still a lot that can happen in the off-season with our goalie situation.

Gravel has potential but KL and CD do as well.

I did not really see MT play much last season so I can't really comment with confidence.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Gravel has potential but KL and CD do as well.

I did not really see MT play much last season so I can't really comment with confidence.

I don’t think Subban has a future with us and I’d expect one of KL or CD to backup next year so I figured there would be an opening for Gravel.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Subban maybe gets the chance to prove himself this year, but it depends how many playoff games we play. Crawford will obviously be the preferred starter.

Next season it feels like Delia will win the backup role, but I also think it depends if they sign an NCAA free agent goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad