G Alexis Gravel, Halifax Mooseheads - 162nd overall, 2018

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Ranked #165 by HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM
Ranked #51 by FUTURE CONSIDERATIONS
Ranked #67 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #3 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Goalies)

Goalies are voodoo

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
#3:ranked NA goalie by NHL Central Scouting ...ranked as late 2nd to early 3rd round Ervin several ranking nor lists
.but ranked much lower on some other lists ..so mixed bunch of views on him by the pundits. ..Blew it at the Ivan Hlinka and list his starting job there for team Canada ..

Save % in Halifax inthe Q was only .890 this past season..On the plus side, he is a bigv6'3 goalie so he gets the "giant" award so far for us in this draft of shrimps we took before him. .

This call fits the pattern Stan and Kelley seem to be infected with in that they let other teams get their goalie pipeline preferences go off the board well before we take one nine late rounds and that the goalie we take is likely vlikely to be the only or one of just a few over 6'0 we draft... You can slmostnpkanmoutva Stanford -Kelley draft .

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
That has to be the most unimpressive highlight package I’ve ever seen. First play, the breakaway, was a whiff on the shot, second one, shootout, was a slow motion shot into his glove. Shows me absolutely nothing. (Have liked your other prospect highlights though.)

A big boy...heavy for a goalie.

We dont make the highlights, we just put a list together of what we can find on youtube. We are at the mercy of what gets uploaded.

The written part of the report is our work.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
As a Halifax fan, I had high hopes for Gravel this year, and he was nothing short of a huge disappointment. Honestly, I think the only reason he got as many starts as he did is because he was being groomed as our #1 for a Memorial Cup run next season.

One thing I will say though is if you had looked at his numbers halfway through the season, they were actually a lot worse. Later in the season, he seemed to figure things out, and his play noticeably improved. In the playoffs, he was actually quite good. It really was a tale of two season with him this year.

Reactions: KWP

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
So, went to YouTube and watched some videos. Have to say, not impressed. Yeah, he’s young, and his horizon is 5-6 years out, but he’s a nervous goalie. One particular quirk is that he quickly skates out of the net every time after making a save with play stoppage. Most goalies only do this during timeout stops.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So, went to YouTube and watched some videos. Have to say, not impressed. Yeah, he’s young, and his horizon is 5-6 years out, but he’s a nervous goalie. One particular quirk is that he quickly skates out of the net every time after making a save with play stoppage. Most goalies only do this during timeout stops.

Lol this is not remotely true. I believe that both Holtby and Fluery skate away to the corner after each stoppage. It is actually a normal thing for goalies. Trying to read into and call our quirks is not really with it as EVERY goalie has quirks.

I am not a huge fan but he has size and skill.

Last edited:

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Makes a lot of hard saves look easy but ventures way out of his crease for no reason and gets in trouble. Two years ago he COULD NOT and WOULD NOT handle the puck. This year he was much more comfortable and did a good job. When he's hot he's really good. When he's bad he's really bad. However he's played extremely well in the playoffs the last two years. He was given the starters position when he was still in diapers and managed to get his team a playoff birth. One main plus is he never gives up on the puck. For his weight he can scramble with the best out there.

Reactions: KWP and Muffinalt

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Goalies are voodoo, but the sixth round sounds like a good place to practice in the dark magics if you asked me. Has to be something to his game to elicit 3rd best NA goalie by the scouts.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
His performances during the season were average but somehow in the last two years he has been really good during the playoffs. Long term projet with a lot of potential.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Almost had his third consecutive shutout in a row today but sadly had a power play goal get passed him. The improvement of a lot of the Mooseheads players this year is very impressive. McIsaac, Gravel, Groulx, etc. Lets see what he brings against Rouyn-Noranda who are on a 22 game win streak on Saturday. He sits at a 2.48 GAA and a 0.915 SV%

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I do really like Gravel. Goalies are tough to predict but looking today he should be the one with the best potential. The word should is key because of the fact goalies are incredibly difficult to predict.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Is that because they gotta deal with the top goalie jobs which then affect depth signings?
Unrelated.

Crawford will re-sign and be the starter. Delia will be the backup.

Lankinen and Tomkins are under contract. Rockford has Aubrun under contract.

Lankinen will start in Rockford. Gravel will compete for a backup role in Rockford against Tomkins and Aubrun. The two that lose out will play for Indy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad