Futureconsiderations 2020 draft rankings

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I think lundell gonna be #1

Just look at the guy

Wish I could agree with that but right now it's between Byfield and Lafreniere. Watched a lot of Lundell last year and as mature his game was, it was nothing like Kakko (at the same age). Excellent two-way game, good size, hockey IQ, surprisingly good goal scorer - pretty much all the traits you'd be looking in for from a center. Yet there's nothing that really stands out. When you look at some of his rivals there's Byfield who is much younger, just huge - I would even say hulking and great skater on top of everything. Then we have Lafreniere, another big player who's goal scoring ability is unrivalled in the draft. At the moment I don't see it and to dethrone a Canadian who's long been considered #1 is yet another obstacle.

I hope Lundell has a great season and prolongs the streak for Finland as far as top 3 picks come (making it 5th in a row), but even that is far from given.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Wish I could agree with that but right now it's between Byfield and Lafreniere. Watched a lot of Lundell last year and as mature his game was, it was nothing like Kakko (at the same age). Excellent two-way game, good size, hockey IQ, surprisingly good goal scorer - pretty much all the traits you'd be looking in for from a center. Yet there's nothing that really stands out. When you look at some of his rivals there's Byfield who is much younger, just huge - I would even say hulking and great skater on top of everything. Then we have Lafreniere, another big player who's goal scoring ability is unrivalled in the draft. At the moment I don't see it and to dethrone a Canadian who's long been considered #1 is yet another obstacle.

I hope Lundell has a great season and prolongs the streak for Finland as far as top 3 picks come (making it 5th in a row), but even that is far from given.
Top 3 yes. Then you have Räty and Lambert making it 7th in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad