Salary Cap: Future Roster Building (2017-18 and beyond) Pt. 2 | Contract/FA charts in Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
For what nice piece though?

You cannot just trade him just for the sake of trading him - even if you get a good return. Additionally, the moment you do trade him, you need to go find another top 4D to take up his minutes. Sure if we manage to win back to back cups, this might be easier... but it's still a hole we'd have to fill. And depending on who we're getting back, a hole we'd have even less cap space then we're projected to have now to fill it.

I assume it's Maatta we're talking about. Trade him for the best forward we can get then trade one of our current forwards (eg Sheary) for a top 4 D. Or sign one and do the trade for a young guy who can play in the top 6 but has top 4 upside.

Edit: if they want to go the 7-3 route.

Last edited:

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
It's funny how these players like Matt Martin, Tom Wilson, Derek Engelland, McQaid, etc have little skill, yet are overpaid. It makes you wonder why these type of guys get paid at all, let alone overpaid.

If you're playing NHL 17 on xbox and are choosing your 4th line between Kuhnackl and Martin, you're taking Kuhn. But in real life, I guarantee 90% of GMs in the league would take Martin.

And btw, I don't think Martin's really any good at anything. He's just an example

Regardless, I'd go all in on Kane. The franchises he's played for aren't exactly pillars of the hockey community, so it's possible it would work for him here.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
It's funny how these players like Matt Martin, Tom Wilson, Derek Engelland, McQaid, etc have little skill, yet are overpaid. It makes you wonder why these type of guys get paid at all, let alone overpaid.

If you're playing NHL 17 on xbox and are choosing your 4th line between Kuhnackl and Martin, you're taking Kuhn. But in real life, I guarantee 90% of GMs in the league would take Martin.

And btw, I don't think Martin's really any good at anything. He's just an example

Regardless, I'd go all in on Kane. The franchises he's played for aren't exactly pillars of the hockey community, so it's possible it would work for him here.

And that's why 90% don't win anything of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $865.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark