Future of the Montreal Canadiens is bright

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
If we could get McDavid, I'd make a deal with Edmonton. He's going to be a big, impact type of player - elite. we have no forwards like him. Patches is very one dimensional and can disappear for long stretches. I wasn't impressed with Galchenyuk at all this playoffs. Pleks needs to go.

Make a deal! Dump some salary then sign a goal scorer. McDavid will be huge!

Ah yes. Because clearly Edmonton is willing to trade that pick so we could draft him. :help:

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
I'm surprised so many people are bashing Plek. He was solid shutting down other teams top guys but it's difficult to produce when that's your role. I think eventually he'll become a perfect 3rd line C for us. I wouldn't let him go unless it's a phenomenal deal.

Maybe something around Plecks for Backes? I'm not sure who adds what where but it could be workable with all St.Louis early exits.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Yes, Pleks does a decent a job at shutting down the opposition best forwards. My problem with him is he always makes lazy plays and mistakes at the worst possible times. He took stupid penalties that costed us game 5 against the Bruins last year, his failed attempts at clearing the puck in the d-zone against the Rangers. I'm not even going to talk about this year.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I'm surprised so many people are bashing Plek. He was solid shutting down other teams top guys but it's difficult to produce when that's your role. I think eventually he'll become a perfect 3rd line C for us. I wouldn't let him go unless it's a phenomenal deal.

Pleks is what, 55 in NHL years now? Trade him, and please... you aren't getting anything 'phenomenal' for TP.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
hey guys, I have a great idea that will solve all our problems. Let's trade for a generational talent.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
If we could get McDavid, I'd make a deal with Edmonton. He's going to be a big, impact type of player - elite. we have no forwards like him. Patches is very one dimensional and can disappear for long stretches. I wasn't impressed with Galchenyuk at all this playoffs. Pleks needs to go.

Make a deal! Dump some salary then sign a goal scorer. McDavid will be huge!

McMoses is by far the best prospect since Crosby.

There is zero chance the Oilers trade that pick.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Pleks is what, 55 in NHL years now? Trade him, and please... you aren't getting anything 'phenomenal' for TP.

IMO we'd get for sure a middling first rounder, or a very good prospect and lesser pick.

Seriously, Coburn got a first, a third, and Gudas...

Last edited:

MaxLacoste

Jun 26, 2012
Montreal
Here's my trade for McDavid,

To Montreal

Edmonton 1st pick

To Edmonton

Montreal Jazz Fest
La Ronde
Arcade Fire (Montreal retaining some salary)

Since Edmonton is a boring city and that Montreal needs a franchise center, it's a win/win trade.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
Here's my trade for McDavid,

To Montreal

Edmonton 1st pick

To Edmonton

Montreal Jazz Fest
La Ronde
Arcade Fire (Montreal retaining some salary)

Since Edmonton is a boring city and that Montreal needs a franchise center, it's a win/win trade.

One of the best posts iv'e seen on this forum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad