Future Leafs on Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttman*

By the time the 2020 WC roles around Kadri (if he is still a Leaf) will be Leafs 3rd line centre behind Matthews and Nylander.

I'll go with

Crosby
McDavid
Toews
Seguin

Down the middle :)

Stamkos, Tavares are both still young. Hall will likely shake the Edmonton curse. Jamie Benn will be there for sure. Giroux is only 28. O'reilly. Duchess. McKinnon. etc. etc. etc.

Kadri is :laugh:

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
By the time the 2020 WC roles around Kadri (if he is still a Leaf) will be Leafs 3rd line centre behind Matthews and Nylander.

I'll go with

Crosby
McDavid
Toews
Tavares
Seguin

Down the middle :)

Show me where I suggested that Kadri would play center for Team Canada?

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Kunitz is still laughable. He was terrible. Marchand was always under-rated.

Kadri is too one-dimensional. Does not know how to use his teammates. Comparing him to others on team Canada show ignorance. He's an ok player but isn't anywhere near the leagues best.

He's not Crosby's linemate, doesn't kill penalties, isn't good on the draw and is not that great defensively. Are you suggesting his 40 points are going to put him over the top? :laugh:

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2016/09/26/game-review-preseason-game-1-ottawa-senators-6-vs-toronto-maple-leafs-3/

Mitch Marner... With Rychel out of the game, he received the occasional shift with Kadri and the two were dangerous together, reading off each other well and finding one other. Toward the end of the second period, he jumped on a loose puck in the slot and hit the post with a quick release.

So then.... much more of this please.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

I'll go with

Crosby
McDavid
Toews
Seguin

Down the middle

This ^^^^^^^^^

Plus O'Reilly, Duchene, Tavares, Stamkos, Scheifele, Monahan, MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, Couturier, Schenn, etc....all roughly the same age or younger than Kadri. Canada is not lacking for choices. And that is just at centre.

Last edited:

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
If Ryan O'Reilly can be on the big team, Naz has a shot. They're basically equatable in offensive and defensive effectiveness, +/- whoever is hot or cold.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Show me where I suggested that Kadri would play center for Team Canada?

No offense intended but with only 1 team for Canada there is no point in time where I could see Kadri being one of the 12 best Canadian forwards in the NHL to make a National team squad for Olympics or World Cup.

Claude Giroux is spare part now with Benn, Seguin, Carter injured just to show how deep Canada is.

You should look at this years WC young guns team McDavid, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Monahan, Drouin etc for future Team Canada players replacing aging players.

I could see you making a case that Marner (may) be on a future TC if he reaches his potential and become a 70+ NHLer.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
With bogus plugs for linemates these past few seasons, he gets a little closer to 50 points than 40, methinks. :nod:

I know. Trade the linemates that he played with most often as a trio last year - JVR and Komarov - now! :shakehead

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I know. Trade the linemates that he played with most often as a trio last year - JVR and Komarov - now! :shakehead

:rolleyes:It'll be nice after season is over and these arguments will hopefully stop and your milking of Kadri's 20~ games with JVR will never be seen again.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Sure Kadri has a chance. Kind of like the Jim Carrey character in Dumb and Dumber, but a chance. Hey, I'll even say he has a better chance of making Team Canada than Auston Matthews!

Rielly has a solid chance, IMO. I would like to see Marner play in th NHL before speculating.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Another thread where this OP has started and has had the whole thread going against his opinions.

OntheBeach

May 25, 2015
Kunitz and Marchand were given a chance b/c they have proven to have chemistry with Team Canada core pieces (Crosby, Bergeron). Kunitz was the goal scorer on Crosby's line and the same for Marchand with Bergeron.

Only way Kadri even gets a consideration is if Marner becomes a core piece for the national team and Kadri score 25+ while being a line with Marner. Highly unlikely imo.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If Ryan O'Reilly can be on the big team, Naz has a shot. They're basically equatable in offensive and defensive effectiveness, +/- whoever is hot or cold.

One has 4 seasons in excess of 55 points, two of which have exceeded 60 points. ANd is generally regarded as one of the best positional players and defensive forwards in the league. And is younger.

The other has one 50 point season to his credit. And is not considered one of the best positional players nor one of the best defensive forwards.

Not comparable in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad