Future Captain of the Leafs

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
And Hall has already been a captain so there is 4 first overalls who have been captains since Crosby was drafted. 2 of those have represented the Oilers but then Oilers have had 4 first overalls since Crosby was drafted and you can only have 1 captain at a time.

Being a 1st overall means that you is also very likely to be the captain on your team.

Agreed, but for some reason Hall wasn't captain in Edmonton

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Rielly seems to have the attitude of a leader. He says the right things, but on occasion isnt afraid to say something other than "get pucks deep".

Hes a go to player in all situations, and he has been with this team during all the lows.

Why put the C on Matthews when you have the perfect guy already? For me, the second Bozak leaves the team, you put the 'C' on Rielly. Bozak seems to have a lot of sway in the dressing room, and honestly I think he too has been a good mentor to the young guys

Basically sums up my opinion. Give Morgan the 'C' next offseason.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I must say though, the rest of Canada should realize their hypocritical ways. Hating on Toronto at every opportunity, but somehow the Blue Jays are different.

There is one flaw in your logic. There is only one Canadian MLB team. Anyone who is my age (age 25ish and under) has probably never seen the Expos play in any real capacity. Same goes for the Grizzlies, which helps the Raptors big time. Another thing, Marketing matters, especially social marketing. Canadian NHL teams can't get away with saying they are Canada's team. The Jays and Raps can. #wethenorth and #ourmoment would never fly for the Leafs, Habs, etc.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
morgan is gonna be a star D in this league

but matthews has potential to dominate this game in a way that few others have

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
to be honest always felt if the Leafs didn't win the lottery Rielly would have the C already

Probably right, thing is the Leafs did win the lottery and have attained a player from it who looks like a true franchise player. It would be silly to give Reilly the captaincy if said player shows that he is a better fit for the role. Of course just because he looks to be a franchise player does not automatically mean that he is the leader of this roster...who the leader is will probably make itself known in the locker room just as much as on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad