Confirmed with Link: Funky Buddha Tap Room opening at BB&T Center

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Never heard of them.

Their brewery is in Oakland Park, which is in the Ft. Lauderdale area. They do really good traditional style beers and also weird flavors. I tried their Rice Krispie Treat beer a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good.

I'm also interested in the special Panthers beer that they'll unveil as well. They know their audience well lol

Reactions: ShootIt

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Their brewery is in Oakland Park, which is in the Ft. Lauderdale area. They do really good traditional style beers and also weird flavors. I tried their Rice Krispie Treat beer a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty good.

I'm also interested in the special Panthers beer that they'll unveil as well. They know their audience well lol

It’s got bits of real panther in it.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Here in Denver everything revolves around beer. It’s good to hear that you can get fresh micro brews at a Panthers Game now.

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
Am I the only one that didn't want a 3rd Jersey this year? Too many jerseys in the past few years. Let's win some **** with this new jersey first.
I think if they did a one-night throwback jersey for a special 25th anniversary night -- that would have been cool. I don't get the crying about no third jersey. Our new ones are great

Reactions: JP Mick

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I hope they won’t call the panther beer ‘Barfov’.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I don’t understand all the IPA comments. It’s not just that beer coming to the BB&T Center, and Funky Buddha is certainly not a brewery that has built themselves on IPAs. Their staple beer is their Floridian, which is a Hefeweizen. Though I suppose their Hop Gun IPA is their #2. But they’ve got an eclectic set - any of their beers for $14 sure as heck beat paying $10 for a Heineken.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I don’t understand all the IPA comments. It’s not just that beer coming to the BB&T Center, and Funky Buddha is certainly not a brewery that has built themselves on IPAs. Their staple beer is their Floridian, which is a Hefeweizen. Though I suppose their Hop Gun IPA is their #2. But they’ve got an eclectic set - any of their beers for $14 sure as heck beat paying $10 for a Heineken.

If you've ever been - the IPAs easily outnumber the others. As a beer-lover, I'm just so sick of IPAs. Everyone and their mother has 3 of them. They're easy to make, I get it.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
If you've ever been - the IPAs easily outnumber the others. As a beer-lover, I'm just so sick of IPAs. Everyone and their mother has 3 of them. They're easy to make, I get it.

I'm not a huge fan of IPAs either, but they do offer a lot of variety nowadays. Tripel Lindy is one of my favs

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC

I’ve been plenty, as they’ve got one up in Boca. I understand what you’re saying - beer *in general* has an IPA craze. I don’t like IPA’s. I would never order ones.

But at Funky Buddha, again, their staple beer isn’t even an IPA. And they’ve got tons of choices from Belgians to sours to porters to what have you. Their IPAs do not outnumber the rest. Perhaps a plurality in count, but most likely not in production.
It’s a moot point though. If it’s a lounge, you’ll have options. If it’s in Florida from a Florida brewery for the Florida Panthers and the Florida brewery’s top beer is called the Floridian, you'll likely have said Floridian as an option. So, there’s that.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Whats wrong with IPA? Explain please because Im not a beer person.

I wouldn’t say there’s anything *wrong* with it. Just what you’ll find with beer people is they’re usually one of two things: a wheat person or a hop person.

These two components aren’t mutually exclusive. Grains (perhaps not just wheat) and hops make up most beers. But I tend to notice most people focus on one or the other with their preferred styles.

Socially speaking I would venture to say IPAs are all the craze. They’re characterized by their hoppiness and thereby typically usually very bitter. To me, I personally don’t think it’s the bitterness I don’t like, but rather that it usually tastes like sticking a bar of soap in your mouth. Anyways, these beers are pretty easy to make and, in my opinion, you’ll find that they all also taste the same. I’m not a beer snob but I would say most beer snobs would be fans of IPAs.

IPAs tend to be more popular in the US and UK, whereas between Germany/Belgium/NL/France, you find more wheatier beers.

I realize you might know all of this as I’ve just gone on a long winded response that went a little further than your actual question. But yes. Bar of soap. All the same. That’s what’s wrong with IPAs.

Reactions: gizmo12688

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad