Full text of NHL/NHLPA MOU for new 2020 CBA - analysis and discussion

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Don't know I've seen that before

CBA gives "no more than 14 consecutive days" on a conditioning loan.
He was sent down on the 4th, which would make his return on the 18th, but Kylington just tweaked his groin and the Wranglers have this whole week off, not playing again until the 19th, so one more day lets him get in to test one more game.

Reactions: LadyStanley

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
CBA gives "no more than 14 consecutive days" on a conditioning loan.
He was sent down on the 4th, which would make his return on the 18th, but Kylington just tweaked his groin and the Wranglers have this whole week off, not playing again until the 19th, so one more day lets him get in to test one more game.

Kylington is on a LTIR Conditioning Loan [CBA 13.9], not a regular Conditioning Loan [CBA 13.8]

The LTIR Conditioning Loan is not to exceed 6 days and 3 games, however the team can request an extension of 2 games without any restriction on the # of days required to play those two games.

I'd guess the Flames requested 2 more games after Kylington passed the 6 day limit and the league eventually decided to only grant 1 game.

• Love
Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Kylington is on a LTIR Conditioning Loan [CBA 13.9], not a regular Conditioning Loan [CBA 13.8]

The LTIR Conditioning Loan is not to exceed 6 days and 3 games, however the team can request an extension of 2 games without any restriction on the # of days required to play those two games.

I'd guess the Flames requested 2 more games after Kylington passed the 6 day limit and the league eventually decided to only grant 1 game.
Anytime I feel like I understand the CBA, I can count on @mouser to come by and gently correct me, I mean that in genuinely the best way possible!

Thanks mouser!

Though, my turn to correct you ;)
The extension actually did afford him two more games, but he sat out the first one on Friday because of his groin and now they have a week before the next one (I just previously thought the game on Friday was part of the original loan, before).

Reactions: mouser

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Evgeny Kuznetsov recently entered the Player Assistance Program. Per media reports this is the second time in the program, and he currently has a $0 cap hit and isn’t listed on LTIR.

What does this mean? Most likely Kuznetsov is in stage 2 or higher of the assistance program and has been suspended without pay while he completes the active portion of the doctor prescribed treatment. Players suspended without pay in the program do continue to receive an unspecified stipend for living expense.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

A different type of contract termination (to come to NHL).

Many visas can be generated in a couple of days, so delay should not be too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad