GDT: Fucale vs Rimouski OR McCarron vs Erie

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Happy for Big Mac that he gets to experience an OHL Championship. Hopefully the Memorial Cup follows.

68*

Man some of those kids aren't even 18 and they already have better beards than me. Feels bad.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Due to Memorial Cup seeding, it didn't really matter who wins. Both teams were guaranteed to be there.

I guess there's some small amount of psychological advantage to the winner.

To quote Herman Edwards

9780071445092_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Transcript of Sportsnet crew play-by-play: "McDavid, McDavid McDavids McDavid. McDavid! Look at that McDavid out there. McDavid."

Did you catch that interview after the game whit McDavid? awkward as hell.

McCarron played really well. The Gens overall have the biggest jr team i ever saw. They will win the Mem Cup imo.

Fucale made some big save to keep the Remparts in the game.

I'm not a big fan of Morin of the Oceanic, Tinordi looked better at the same age.

Tkachev is selfish and his jr moves will never work in the NHL. Timashov would be a nice gamble but not in the 1st round.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm a Chiefs fan, and believe me when I say that I do not miss Herm. Not in the slightest.

Oh I hear ya, I miss his post game antics but as a coach he was mediocre at best ! You have his complete polar opposite now in Andy Reid , good tactician but one of the absolute most boring, plain faced human being in existence :laugh: . My Packers coach is pretty white bread emotionless too mind you so I can't really say my situation is better.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Man some of those kids aren't even 18 and they already have better beards than me. Feels bad.

One of my friends was a scout, always said that a beard at a young age meant the kids were done growing, so they better be the right size at the time of the beard....

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am not a Junior hockey connoisseur but that Oshawa teams looks unbeatable. They are built like a pro team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Stunned to hear from Mac that in London, you could do whatever you wanted to do when in Oshawa you have to play in a system. What the heck was so thriiling to send Tinordi and Mac over there if the idea was that players could do whatever they wanted to do? Is London reputation overrated?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Stunned to hear from Mac that in London, you could do whatever you wanted to do when in Oshawa you have to play in a system. What the heck was so thriiling to send Tinordi and Mac over there if the idea was that players could do whatever they wanted to do? Is London reputation overrated?

I think you read too much into it. I doubt he's telling them to do whatever they want here:

NumEUPF.jpg

London is a AAA grade junior team imo.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think you read too much into it. I doubt he's telling them to do whatever they want here:

NumEUPF.jpg

London is a AAA grade junior team imo.

Well I'm not reading into anything...Mac said it. But I guess he meant that it wasn't as structured. You can show something on a vid as far as recognizing a situation, without being a strategy or anything else.

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Well I'm not reading into anything...Mac said it. But I guess he meant that it wasn't as structured.

Yeah it sounded weird to me too when I heard that. He actually said it on more than 1 occasion. I have my doubts that you can do whatever you like in London :laugh:. I'm sure they give more leeway to players and are more of a "Pro" program tha Oshawa. This year we heard stories about the Vancouver Giants. They hired Troy Ward a former AHL coach. He let players eat whenever they wanted sort of thing. Turned out junior players aren't pro players and it was more disorganized than anything else. When they changed coach they said they wanted someone who'd install a stricter program like Hay ran. Guessing it's a similar story between London and Oshawa.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
He might mean it more in a general ''The playbook is more structured in Oshawa'' sense. Maybe some sour grapes because of the trade on top of that too which would not be out of the ordinary. I mean, London does turn a phenomenal amount of kids into pro players so they have to be doing something good in there. It can't all be because they get players than won't go elsewhere in the O because it's the case for other franchises in the CHL that don't have near the track record as far as graduating players into the NHL.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I remember when Kostitsyn played for London, it seemed like he would be out there the entire PP and the top line seemed to get tons of ice time vs the other lines. Perhaps he just means things aren't as tight as they are with the gens?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad