FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
We just missed goal No. 2 in the Chicago game on March 18 due to a pre-recorded interview with the other coach. Show that stuff at intermission, not during the game!

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Missed goals, random shots of a security lady during play.

I'd say whoever is pushing the buttons was out drinking with Gare before the game tonight.

winJACKETSwin

Jan 31, 2009
NW OhiO
I'm not getting HD. This might be a DirecTV's problem, because I know this game is supposed to be in HD. Anyone else getting it?

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
It's terrible most nights. Why do they feel the need to show the guy talking in the many "pre-game" interviews that they do. For **** sakes do we really need to watch the guy talking while the game is going on? I think audio of it will do just fine.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Amongst the many Fox gaffs tonight what really got my goat, I held back from expoding in the GDT, Gare and Rimmer talked about everything during the overtime but the freaking game on the ice. They where talking so much Rimmer almost missed Vermettes goal, I think he almost choked when the goal was scored because he was talking about something else...

Very poor imo

Last edited:

GhostofBoomer

Dec 15, 2007
Columbus, OH
Also, on the almost goal that rang off the crossbar, when they just went to a commercial after talking about how the whole crowd thought it went in and how they thought it went in.

Turns out it didn't go in, but it would have been nice to see a quick replay of what happened instead of watching Chuck Blaine tell knuckleheads how to get tickets to games.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Also, on the almost goal that rang off the crossbar, when they just went to a commercial after talking about how the whole crowd thought it went in and how they thought it went in.

Turns out it didn't go in, but it would have been nice to see a quick replay of what happened instead of watching Chuck Blaine tell knuckleheads how to get tickets to games.

Agreed, there was mention of that in the GDT. Really, something needs done about our broadcasts... Truely bush league imo.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I have to disagree on the blonde now. Not a fan of her look, Now the Blonde chick that used to do it when they wore the skimpier outfits with the big boobs, now she was a looker.

LaCosta Nostra

Sep 26, 2007
I hate the production when they show a guy leaving the ice, closing the door and sitting down, all while the play is going on. If there's action on the ice, we want to see it, not a player leaving the ice. And the fact they cut away from scrums or take 5 seconds to get a camera on a fight is beyond words.

hossua34

Mutt
Apr 7, 2003
Irvine, CA
I'd say this is whining. FSOhio is doing a pretty good job in my opinion. I also like Rimer and Gare.

I watched the Canadian feed from the Oilers game, Rogers Sportsnet or whatever. Terrible, commercial breaks every 2 minutes making me crazy :shakehead

With all the complaining on here, everyone must be just miserable! Maybe they should just stop broadcasting the games and relieve everyones pain!:cry::shakehead

I'm just glad we can watch the games, I have no problem with the broadcasts or the announcers.:yo:

You gotta love it when people start complaining that other people complain too much.

Fact is, everyone is perfectly justified in taking FSN-Ohio down a notch. The product that Columbus fans get is simply inferior to what almost every other team gets, and if you watch NHL Center Ice regularly, you will realize that.

- Calling a team the wrong name, or saying you're in the wrong city, if you don't immediately correct yourself, is inexcusable

- Consistently failing to keep the net in the frame during those behind-the-net camera angles, or cutting away to show a player climbing onto the bench while a scoring chance is occurring, is inexcusable

- Letting typos like "Json Williams" and "Shots on Goals" go on for multiple games in a row is inexcusable

- Cutting to a commercial in the middle of a goal review is inexcusable

And it goes on, and on, and on. Certainly Rimer and Gare aren't the only ones at fault, but they are a part of the problem. We have every right to complain when this stuff goes on for so long without change.

LaCosta Nostra

Sep 26, 2007
Rimer and Gare screw up from time to time. I can mostly accept it, but sometimes it would be nice if someone in the truck would let them know and ask them to correct themself. And I completely agree with hossua on the misspelling of words on the screen and minor things like that. Attention to detail isn't the best with their production crew it seems. But what do I know.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Yes... STO would be perfect. No Cavs conflicts, and most of the Indians games in April are day games.

I wonder how much longer FSOhio's contract runs.

I'm not an FS Ohio fan, but Sports Time Ohio's broadcasts look like a community public access channel. They would need to improve to be amateurish.

I wish we had Comcast Sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad