Frustration thread

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Frustrated that a great roster with a ho-hum approach to the season will probably lead to a ho-hum first or second round exit and we all feel like it's coming and we'll see nothing change and hear the same bullshit about competing and executing, blah, blah that hasn't changed anything in 30+ games.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm frustrated enough now that I'm considering putting our April 6th tickets on the market. Fan appreciation night that happens to fall on a Saturday against the Blackhawks.

Blasphemy I know but will probably go a long way towards paying for that first round of the playoffs. Probably won't need to spend much more than that.
The Hawks suck so they won't get the money they used to

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm frustrated enough now that I'm considering putting our April 6th tickets on the market. Fan appreciation night that happens to fall on a Saturday against the Blackhawks.

Blasphemy I know but will probably go a long way towards paying for that first round of the playoffs. Probably won't need to spend much more than that.

Very real possibility exists that we might have just 2 home games. What a depressing thought....

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Very real possibility exists that we might have just 2 home games. What a depressing thought....
$$$

would rather save the cash if we still look to have zero shot. a lot can change in this league very quickly, although i do not expect it to.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
If anything the regular season is likely the problem with these guys. SCF 2 years ago, Pres Trophy with expectations of SCF last year, regular season is just in the way for them this year. 82 games is a looooong stretch to get to what they're looking forward to.

I'm not saying I like it but that really has to play into what we've seen thus far this season in a big way.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If anything the regular season is likely the problem with these guys. SCF 2 years ago, Pres Trophy with expectations of SCF last year, regular season is just in the way for them this year. 82 games is a looooong stretch to get to what they're looking forward to.

I'm not saying I like it but that really has to play into what we've seen thus far this season in a big way.
That's the optimistic way to see it. I'm not saying I do or don't agree but it's possible and has crossed my mind a little bit. I know the NBA is different and much easier for individuals to control a game, but this has been happening for years in that league. Some teams that know they're good and are confident in themselves just kinda cruise through the regular season because they just wait for the playoffs to start. They want to play well but wins and losses don't eat them up because when push comes to shove they're ready for the playoffs so they can mash the pedal.

Now of course this is hockey so you can't really do that as easily but I do believe there could be instances of guys not panicking and just trying to find their game because they want to be ready once the postseason gets going. Kinda like spring training in MLB, guys just sorta tweak things and almost treat it like a month of practice before the real thing starts.

Reactions: LCPreds

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
It probably doesn't help that the majority of this team made it to the SCF as the 8 seed two years ago. They went in as the 1 seed last year and got bounced in the second. So you can't even use an argument that home ice really matters with these guys.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you would probably be about the only one that applies to.

If we win the cup the regular season won't matter to me one single bit.

Would not be the first time I was on my own limb, but if we do go deep I'll still remember the season and how frustrating it was to watch.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you would probably be about the only one that applies to.

If we win the cup the regular season won't matter to me one single bit.

Yep, 16-17 is a great example. Preds were the 16 seed going into that playoffs. Nobody talks about the struggle that was that regular season.

I think the truth is likely somewhere in the middle. I 100% buy that the motivation to repeat last year's regular season performance was low this season. However, it seems as if complacency has led to their new norm. It's almost as if they have been waiting to turn the switch "on" but they suddenly realized that maybe that switch doesn't exist.

Perhaps now they are having an identity crisis and doubting themselves? Perhaps now they are wondering to themselves if they really aren't a good hockey team and haven't been all along this season?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Even if Preds make it to the finals, or win the cup it'll be hard to get the taste of this season out of my mouth.
Really? Why? Playoff success will instantly make everyone forget about the regular season. The playoffs are all that matter and will be remembered anyway.

Reactions: LCPreds

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
My memory won't fade that quickly. I just have not enjoyed the season like I normally do. I disagree that the playoffs are all that matters. If that was the case then why watch any season games if they don't matter. I need some pleasure along the way. Though I like the playoffs more than the regular season, like the multiple games against the same team, the 6 month season does matter in my day to day life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad