Frustration thread

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Copied from Mr Joshua from Observations:

I'm honestly starting to wonder if we've lost too much character from the locker room over the past few years. Fisher retired. Weber was traded. Who's holding guys accountable now? This doesn't really feel like a team of guys that are playing hard for each other. Hopefully that's just me projecting out of disappointment for how they're playing.

I feel you, have spent part of the morning thinking about the Preds locker room and trying to cope with the negativity this team is causing in me.

upload_2019-2-17_13-40-29.png

upload_2019-2-17_13-41-7.png

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't think it's so much talking about how great of a leader Weber or Fisher was, it seems like more of questioning our current leaders. I still have no idea what to think about Josi as the captain. I'm not saying he's a bad one, I just don't know how I feel about it. That being said there's no one on the roster that screams out bigtime leader to me. I don't know who the guy in the room is that gets everyone's attention when he speaks.

Reactions: Tex76

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
We trade Weber and go to the Finals the next year. I don't think leaders in the locker room has anything to do with it. To me, your leaders lead by example and by voice. If Josi's play on the ice isn't inspirational or motivating, I don't know what is. The guy along with JOFA are trying to carry this team on their back. Guys who wear the "A", Ellis, Ekholm, Forsberg and Johansen carry their weight as well, except for maybe Ellis. I have no problem with the effort or voices there.

Then you have guys like Bones, Smith, Sissons and Arvy who bust their tails on the ice all the time. We just added Boyle to this mix too. I don't see how there is a distraction or not enough leadership on this team. While many scoffed at the addition of McLeod, he brings something to the locker room we never see. I don't care about his on ice production as opposed to what we're not seeing.

Frustrations mount because the effort isn't consistently there. So why are the lines outside of JOFA not performing at the levels they need to be? Is it the fact that many of these guys are snake bit at the same time that's causing the issue? Don't score next shift is I'm out here again and it isn't going to happen? The team that played in the third after the Fiala goal is the team I expect to see every night. We're not seeing that shift to shift.

When we are good our forechecking team, we create turnovers which lead to good offensive opportunities. We haven't done that in a long while. Either teams have figured us out or we're not pressing like we have in the past.

I will reiterate, this is not a leadership issue, it's a lack of effort issue. This team used to play for one another and you could see it. I'm not seeing it right now.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I will reiterate what I've said in the observations thread ... there is an accountability issue with this team on the ice, behind the bench, in the room, and from the organization as a whole.

The test of a team isn't when things are going well. It's when things are off track. The staff needs to hold everyone responsible for the 5 for 62 PP conversion in 2019 ... 8.06% over the past 21 games. We need players who call out their peers for weak zone clears, blown assignments, ill advised pass attempts, etc. That can be on the bench or in the room but it has to happen.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Been about 3 more weeks, anyone else frustrated yet or is it still not the time to vent? The Tom Rapp version of this song has been in my head this morning after thinking about my relationship with this team

♫ Why should I care?
Why should I let it touch me?
Why shouldn't I Sit down and try
To let it pass over me?
Why should they say?
Why should I let it get me?
What's the use of despair
If they call you a square?
You're a long time dead -- Like my old pal Fred.
So why, oh why should I bother to care?
When they see that you're blue
They look down on you.
So why, oh why should I bother to care? ♫

twig

Dec 8, 2013
The way this team's playing right now,i'll be surprised if they make the post season.
Pass when you should shoot,shoot when you should pass.
This team' is one big ? Right now.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The way this team's playing right now,i'll be surprised if they make the post season.
Pass when you should shoot,shoot when you should pass.
This team'tea is one big ? Right now.
We aren't actually missing the playoffs lol

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
The excuses, the "we need to execute better", we need to start better" lines are getting old. Do your fing job! The players are making a ton of money to play a game and this is the effort we get. The coaches are fing clueless and seemingly unable to adjust or get through to players. We need the moms and dads to come and give everybody a butt whipping!

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We trade Weber and go to the Finals the next year. I don't think leaders in the locker room has anything to do with it. To me, your leaders lead by example and by voice. If Josi's play on the ice isn't inspirational or motivating, I don't know what is. The guy along with JOFA are trying to carry this team on their back. Guys who wear the "A", Ellis, Ekholm, Forsberg and Johansen carry their weight as well, except for maybe Ellis. I have no problem with the effort or voices there.

Then you have guys like Bones, Smith, Sissons and Arvy who bust their tails on the ice all the time. We just added Boyle to this mix too. I don't see how there is a distraction or not enough leadership on this team. While many scoffed at the addition of McLeod, he brings something to the locker room we never see. I don't care about his on ice production as opposed to what we're not seeing.

Frustrations mount because the effort isn't consistently there. So why are the lines outside of JOFA not performing at the levels they need to be? Is it the fact that many of these guys are snake bit at the same time that's causing the issue? Don't score next shift is I'm out here again and it isn't going to happen? The team that played in the third after the Fiala goal is the team I expect to see every night. We're not seeing that shift to shift.

When we are good our forechecking team, we create turnovers which lead to good offensive opportunities. We haven't done that in a long while. Either teams have figured us out or we're not pressing like we have in the past.

I will reiterate, this is not a leadership issue, it's a lack of effort issue. This team used to play for one another and you could see it. I'm not seeing it right now.
Simmonds was big time leader in Philly. Being a bad cop to giroux's daddy fun times style of leadership.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Last night's game was a spirit breaker for me. My expectations are officially lowered. I'm going to continue to watch and hope they can "flip the switch" come playoffs but I'm not expecting it.

This team lacks urgency. Everything is slow and predictable. Some guys get the puck and expect not to mobbed a couple seconds after. Then they look appalled that someone had the gall to take the puck from them lol.

I think this team bought into their own press clippings too hard.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I believe I saw someone post that the team is 0 - 5 the last five Saturday home games. In Smashville. Do I need to go find the Hitchcock quote about playing in Nashville on a Saturday night? Preds have completely lost that mystique.

I think the quality of home play and that Sat. night record is a fire-able offense.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I believe I saw someone post that the team is 0 - 5 the last five Saturday home games. In Smashville. Do I need to go find the Hitchcock quote about playing in Nashville on a Saturday night? Preds have completely lost that mystique.

I think the quality of home play and that Sat. night record is a fire-able offense.
I think the mystique of our home crowd has been dwindling for awhile. It goes hand in hand with the changing demographics of the ticket buyers the more the city changes. People still go but I don't think the average fan is anywhere near as passionate as they used to be. Whether it's because they're new to town and/or hockey and don't know about how it used to be or just going with friends as an event or whatever, the crowd just seems different these days and isn't really some magical building anymore.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not using it as an excuse but the Canes are firing on all cylinders right now. Since the new year they've played 31 games at a clip that goes on pace for 121 points over a season. No one here really thinks we're an elite team so losing to a group as hot as them shouldn't really surprise anyone.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the mystique of our home crowd has been dwindling for awhile. It goes hand in hand with the changing demographics of the ticket buyers the more the city changes. People still go but I don't think the average fan is anywhere near as passionate as they used to be. Whether it's because they're new to town and/or hockey and don't know about how it used to be or just going with friends as an event or whatever, the crowd just seems different these days and isn't really some magical building anymore.
I know I don't really like to go anymore. Tickets are higher, parking is higher and even more a pain in the butt. I'm not thin like I used to be so that can be less comfortable ( not that it ever was) and frankly I can sit at home and watch it now, while I eat dinner, and don't need to drive an hour to Nashville.

Honestly with all of the changes to downtown in recent years, I don't like getting within 20 miles of it if I can avoid it.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I used to drive in from Kingsport area 3 - 4 games a year. Look forward to the trip .... this year I was tempted early but by holidays I might not have come even for a free ticket with friends. Even TV, now instead of thinking 'it's game night ... great' ... it's become 'not another game night'.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's still weird to me that so many of us, including myself, are frustrated and think we suck but two years ago we were worse than this in the standings and about to go to the Final

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
It's still weird to me that so many of us, including myself, are frustrated and think we suck but two years ago we were worse than this in the standings and about to go to the Final
Team with zero expectations that caught fire at the right time. Unfortunate that we couldn't get over the hump that time because flukes like that aren't unusual in the playoffs, but I'm skeptical of any team letting us surprise them at this point.

Reactions: Montross

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Team with zero expectations that caught fire at the right time. Unfortunate that we couldn't get over the hump that time because flukes like that aren't unusual in the playoffs, but I'm skeptical of any team letting us surprise them at this point.
If we had a power play that was even average I might have a little more optimism but it's still really strange to think about

Reactions: SouthNash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad