Frost vs Suzuki vs Kyrou

Which one you choose for your team?

• Total voters

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I never said he wasn't a very solid prospect. But, I'm not sure he is top-20 in the league good. I'd probably have him in the low/mid-30s.
I cant realistically answer that as I dont pay too much attention to prospects post draft that arent on my team, what I can tell you is that he has game breaking ability and 1st line potential. May not be elite ppg but a 60pt guy. Where does that land him in the word of prosects.....FIIK

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
All three are excellent prospects. I see Frost becoming the best centre, but that's not to say Suzuki and Kyrou don't have the potential to overtake him. I honestly see Kyrou as a winger and Suzuki 50/50 - I'm not sure where he ends up.

Best player... Well I just don't know. For my Sharks, I take Frost or Suzuki (likely the former).

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
I believe Kyrou was the OHL player of the year...and missed significant time playing on the WJC team. The one Frost was cut from. Philly sent him packing pretty early as well while Kyrou has arguably been the best forward at camp for the Blues so far.
Did Kryou make the NHL last year or even come close? Frost also was one of the best players in camp along with Lindblom and vorobyev. Kryou is a year older, Frost is a lock next year, could come up this year at some point. Kryou wouldn't make Philly roster as a C either.

OHL coaches voted poll last year

Smartest player

Western Conference:
1. Morgan Frost, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (36)
2. Jordan Kyrou, Sarnia Sting (27)
3. Evan Bouchard, London Knights (16)

Best Playmaker

Western Conference:
1. Morgan Frost, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (35)
2. Jordan Kyrou, Sarnia Sting (28)
3. Nick Suzuki, Owen Sound Attack (14)

Best stick handler

Western Conference:
1. Jordan Kyrou, Sarnia Sting (25) – finished second in 2016-17
1. Morgan Frost, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds (25)

Again, Frost is better currently, at worst they're even with Frost a year behind at critical age in development. Kryou was no where near Frost this time last year

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I believe Kyrou was the OHL player of the year...and missed significant time playing on the WJC team. The one Frost was cut from. Philly sent him packing pretty early as well while Kyrou has arguably been the best forward at camp for the Blues so far.
Hexy sent pretty much all of the junior eligible players home early. The only one they kept was Egor Zamula who was an undrafted free agent and they just signed to an ELC and even he was sent back to the WHL right away. Hexy likes to let his junior players get comfortable training and playing with their junior team unless he's damn sure he's keeping them for all 82. I don't think he's ever kept anyone for the 9 game tryout and then sent them back.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Did Kryou make the NHL last year or even come close? Frost also was one of the best players in camp along with Lindblom and vorobyev. Kryou is a year older, Frost is a lock next year, could come up this year at some point. Kryou wouldn't make Philly roster as a C either.

Smartest player

Western Conference:

Best Playmaker

Western Conference:

Best stick handler

Western Conference:

Again, Frost is better currently, at worst they're even with Frost a year behind at critical age in development. Kryou was no where near Frost this time last year

I'm dying. What point are you trying to make? This shows them as identical.

And yes, "Kryou" (shows that I TOTALLY know that you've seen him play) did come close last year.

Reactions: NJ DevLolz

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014

Smartest player

Western Conference:

Best Playmaker

Western Conference:

Best stick handler

Western Conference:

Oh will he now?:laugh:

Yes, Doug Armstrong said both Kyrou and Thomas were close to staying last year.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I'm dying. What point are you trying to make? This shows them as identical.

And yes, "Kryou" (shows that I TOTALLY know that you've seen him play) did come close last year.
Well... let's be honest, it shows Frost is marginally viewed as better while a year younger. He finished 1st in all three categories, even the stick handling that has him list 2nd and Kryou 1st, they were tied with 25 votes.

The fact they're that close while Kryou has a year development advantage at such a critical age makes this easily Frost.

Fact is, Kryou didn't make the team. You can't knock Frost on that in this comparison. Frost was great all camp and should have a spot imo. But Hextall is notorious for being patient

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
As to being a center, I think the only way Suzuki is going to be an NHL center is if Montreal forces him to be. From what I saw, his playing style is not suited for the position.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
As to being a center, I think the only way Suzuki is going to be an NHL center is if Montreal forces him to be. From what I saw, his playing style is not suited for the position.
He's definitely more suited for wing, agree.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

Frost shouldn’t be punished for the Flyers having an impenetrable top six. He’ll be in the NHL next season quite comfortably.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Frost shouldn’t be punished for the Flyers having an impenetrable top six. He’ll be in the NHL next season quite comfortably.
Its not being punished but if your too good to cut, your too good to cut. Kyrou has been "destined" to go the AHL, till Traverse where he said, "Nah...I like it here in Stl".

The Blues top 9 is just as hard to get into so he's going to bump a guy down or force the Blues to run a different style 4th line with Thomas and Kyrou on it.

While Kyrou has electrifying offensive skills, he's showing he can be relied on when they don't have the puck. He's showing he can play the traditional bottom 6 role if required.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, sure, and Suzuki was the reason Owen sound took the Soo to 7 games...

Don't you agree that Suzuki may have produced 10 more points with slightly better teammates and more shooting luck ?

More shooting luck? Yes.
Better teammates? Maybe, maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad