Confirmed with Link: Front Office Role Changes

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Fletcher will not have Homer influencing him. Fletcher will have total control over team and just needs approval from Scott.

This is fine with me.

Dont trust Scott yet, but at least he listened to reason with Fletch and didnt force him to make short-sighted moves during last season.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It was one of the worst contracts in league history. The guy was bought out after two years, and out of the league entirely after another two. Snider & Homer both screwed up terribly.

I'd remember Snider for his Cups if they had happened while I was alive, but they didn't, and I'm old.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The shade being thrown at Scott is misguided. Sure he's a suit and has never played the game. However that's the case with almost all owners. Comcast holds Scott to the role of money maker. The way that that happens is the Flyers perform well, fill the arena and go deep into the POs. I don't see how that differs from what the expectations of the fan base is.
For one, I am gad that Scott intervened in the Flyers operations last fall. He cut out a GM that was not getting things done on the ice and sacked a coach that was in way over his head. For you Scott haters-would you rather still have Hex and Hak here?
Holmgren is sixty-three years old and has publicly stated that he wanted a reduced role in the daily operations of the club. Now he has that. Since being brought on, Fletcher has shown that he can handle the position of being the head guy. Time to roll on.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Ed Sniders legacy gets crapped on way to often. The guy is the reason we have a team to bitch and moan about. Sure he was impatient and his solution was to throw money at everything, but the good he did for this organization and the city of Philadelphia far outnumbers the bad.

The last 9 years or so have been mostly terrible and a dark stain on the franchise, but think about the run of success we had prior to that, making the play offs was almost a certainty.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
this is not shocking, this is fletcher's team to begin with, all the moves were fletch, i dont think homer had any influence in it because all the young players are still here, if homer was part of this, i think alot of young players would be gone. fletch understands that we need to build this thing with our own players and he stuck with it.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

giphy.gif

david-scott-comcast-spectacor-president-ceo.jpg

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Scott is a corporate guy, he'll let the hockey guys run things, he's more focused on the bottom line, which in this case isn't about cost cutting but synergies with Comcast's television products.

This suggests Fletcher was under double secret probation and passed, and now has total control on the hockey side.

People getting up in arms about Scott is a Lottie’s ridiculous. What are they basing it on. He has little to no track with the team.

I am surprised Lombardi’s role or lack of one wasn’t mentioned.

Homer took one for the team on the way out with the Kate Smith debacle.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
People getting up in arms about Scott is a Lottie’s ridiculous. What are they basing it on. He has little to no track with the team.

I am surprised Lombardi’s role or lack of one wasn’t mentioned.

Homer took one for the team on the way out with the Kate Smith debacle.

Maybe Homer wanted Kate brought back and he was told it not going to happen so he said "f*** you I want out as President"

Reactions: Domino666

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad