Confirmed with Link: Front Office Role Changes

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Lombardi first worked for the organization back from 2003-2006 as a scout after he got fired from the Sharks GM job. Hextall was first hired by the Flyers as a scout in 1999. That’s the first time those two paths crossed as far as working in an NHL front office goes. Lombardi got the GM job in LA in 2006 & took Hextall with him as his AGM.

I wonder if any of this has crossed Scott's mind

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
so long as the team gets back to entertaining hockey, and we can make some noise in the post season.

im fine with it..

cuz basicly im to scared to think the team continues to flounder going nowere ...

Reactions: BiggE

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
You guys have watched too many movies. Homer having less control is a good thing. All things point to Fletch not going crazy with moves which is good given we are kind of set until we are ready to add the final piece type player. You are crazy to think a CEO wouldn’t want control of the team, but it’s obvious Fletch knows now to handle things.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
How long will it take for Fletcher to get his promotion so he can't fumble with our roster anymore? Hart injury, Giroux decline?

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Just to put it out there: this might be as simple as Holmgren retiring because he's getting up there in age, but he knows where the bodies are buried so he keeps getting checks. Not necessarily because of a new power grab.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
No, Fletcher has more influence now, he's no longer going to be filtered through Holmgren, he reports directly to Scott.
Or, Holmgren is no longer a buffer to shield Fletch from the wrath of Action Man? We'll see.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Homer helped the transition to the past Ed Snider era. The Hextall/Hakstol experiment came to an end.
Homer's job is done, time to lean back and watch everything unfold.

Reactions: Rebels57

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Homer helped the transition to the past Ed Snider era. The Hextall/Hakstol experiment came to an end.
Homer's job is done, time to lean back and watch everything unfold.

Probably. I’ve seen some speculation that Homer & some of the suit dummies at Comcast didn’t see eye to eye recently with the way things are done. Comcast basically did clean everybody out on the business side of the organization this past year. So who knows maybe there is some merit to it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
As Paul Holmgren steps into lesser role, final piece of...

in praising Fletcher, Scott indirectly offered a pointed critique of Hextall’s regime.

“Probably one of the biggest pluses is (Fletcher is) a collaborative guy, he’s smart and he’s got a very open style,” Scott said. “I came over to spend a day with Paul (this offseason) and was so impressed with the group of people we had. You got Chuck’s staff in there, the new coaching staff in there, the data analytics people together. It’s something I hadn’t seen in the six years I’ve been here. Just full collaboration. And everyone agreeing on what moves we were going to make.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad