From Brazil to St. Louis: It's time to my first Blues game!!!

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
Thank you Rizzo90, ManyIdeas, Fred Brathwaite, Vladys Gumption, bluesfan94, Iron Fist and all others for the suggestions!

They were all noted! And I'll probably have to visit St. Louis more times! Not a bad idea at all!!! :laugh:

Overkamp

Feb 22, 2007
I would definitely use hotwire.com to find your hotel that night.

Limit your search to Downtown areas and 3/4 star hotels. You can find a great buy for $60-$100 a night. (4.5 star for $115-$130 p/n).

It's not really a crapshoot. You'll get a good hotel that has shuttles, a pool, cabs etc..

I usually would get a cab from hotel to Soulard and bar hop (endless options) then take the free shuttle to the game and either cab it back to the hotel after or most likely, take one of the many shuttles right back to Soulard and then cab it back later..after more drinking. Soulard is usually the only place where you won't have too much trouble finding a cab (on a Tuesday it will be a little longer; and Soulard less busy).

Last edited:

Noooooooooooooooo

Oct 9, 2014
NJ
Pappy's is the second thing I miss most in St. Louis (Blues are obviously #1) - it's a bit of a walk from Scottrade center but maybe public transportation can get you there?

Bluesgirl

Apr 2, 2013
I dont want to start a new thread so I will post here. Id love to visit the blues game this season actually too. I started working so Im gonna start saving money, its gonna be a bit more complicated for me to come from slovakia but the fligth tickets are getting cheaper and cheaper and another problem is that I dont think I will find someone to go with me so Ill probably have to go alone if I wanna fulfill my dream, which will be pretty scary. I just wanna ask about the tickets. How hard it is to get one, how much in advance should I buy one and how much are they? I cannot spend too much money on a ticket but I dont wanna sit somewhere up in the corner barely seeing the puck :D and will I be able to buy one online even with a slovakian credit card or how does it work?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I dont want to start a new thread so I will post here. Id love to visit the blues game this season actually too. I started working so Im gonna start saving money, its gonna be a bit more complicated for me to come from slovakia but the fligth tickets are getting cheaper and cheaper and another problem is that I dont think I will find someone to go with me so Ill probably have to go alone if I wanna fulfill my dream, which will be pretty scary. I just wanna ask about the tickets. How hard it is to get one, how much in advance should I buy one and how much are they? I cannot spend too much money on a ticket but I dont wanna sit somewhere up in the corner barely seeing the puck :D and will I be able to buy one online even with a slovakian credit card or how does it work?

Tickets in general are pretty easy to get. Price-wise they depend on who were are playing. You can check out the Blues website to view all the list prices for each game and seats, and you could also check out stubhub. Maybe one of our European posters can give you more info on if you can use foreign credit cards. I'd imagine you would be able to, but I'd just be guessing.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Honestly, most of the seats in the upper bowl aren't bad. The only places I've ever had difficulty seeing the whole rink are actually in the lower bowl behind the benches. My favorite place to sit is in the first row of the upper bowl at center ice. You can see everything great from there.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Honestly, most of the seats in the upper bowl aren't bad. The only places I've ever had difficulty seeing the whole rink are actually in the lower bowl behind the benches. My favorite place to sit is in the first row of the upper bowl at center ice. You can see everything great from there.

Yeah I sat four rows from the glass right behind the goalie in a game against the Pens in 2010. It was awesome...when they were right in front of us. When play went to the other end of the ice I had no idea what was going on, at all.

kagei

Apr 14, 2014
STL

It's like seein it on TV but better :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad