From Brazil to St. Louis: It's time to my first Blues game!!!

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
Hi all,

Greetings from Brazil!

After almost 10 years following the Blues I'm very excited to be attending my first hockey game and my first Blues game on 11-25!!! :yo:

I'm going to visit my uncle who lives near Memphis, we are going to drive from there to St. Louis on the Tuesday morning and go back on the next day.

I'd just like to check if you could give me some tips about restaurants, hotels (we are thinking about staying at the Pear Tree Inn Union Station) and any other recommended activity in town while we are there...

Also, could you point where is the best place to buy a Blues jersey?

Thanks and Let's Go Blues!!!!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That's a great thread that SP posted. Has just about any information you would need.

I would also love to hear the story about how you became a Blues fan.

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=894130

This thread has a bunch of info that I hope helps. The best place to buy a jersey in STL is at the arena, they are pretty costly but to get the best quality thats where I get mine. If you want to order online Id suggest icejerseys.com. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Thanks SirPaste! Lots of stuff there! I'll check it out! :)
Thanks for the Jersey tips as well

That's a great thread that SP posted. Has just about any information you would need.

I would also love to hear the story about how you became a Blues fan.

Here it goes MattyMo35!

I have a friend that I met in college who plays street hockey here in our town. He is a long date Penguins fan and he was the one who introduced me to the sport.

As you can imagine, ice hockey is not a very popular sport here in Brazil, and at the time, 2004, there was no TV channel broadcasting the NHL, so my first contact with the game was through video games, NHL 2004 from EA :).

I simply fell in love with the Blue Note logo the first time I saw it! :D
From there I started researching the Blues history, old games, the players, and I found that fantastic shot from #2 Al MacInnis. I believe he is one of the players who really made me love the sport...

Unfortunately, the first season I decided to follow was the 2004-2005, the lockout one... So I had to wait until the end of 2005 to finally start listening the Blues games through radio streams... Video (apart from highlights on YouTube and some rare streams) came for me just I believe about three of years ago when NHL Game Center became available here in Brazil and when ESPN started to broadcasting NHL games here again...

I have to say that it was amazing seeing this team rebuild process during these years! I'm very proud to be a Blues fan!

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks SirPaste! Lots of stuff there! I'll check it out! :)
Thanks for the Jersey tips as well

Here it goes MattyMo35!

I have a friend that I met in college who plays street hockey here in our town. He is a long date Penguins fan and he was the one who introduced me to the sport.

As you can imagine, ice hockey is not a very popular sport here in Brazil, and at the time, 2004, there was no TV channel broadcasting the NHL, so my first contact with the game was through video games, NHL 2004 from EA :).

I simply fell in love with the Blue Note logo the first time I saw it! :D
From there I started researching the Blues history, old games, the players, and I found that fantastic shot from #2 Al MacInnis. I believe he is one of the players who really made me love the sport...

Unfortunately, the first season I decided to follow was the 2004-2005, the lockout one... So I had to wait until the end of 2005 to finally start listening the Blues games through radio streams... Video (apart from highlights on YouTube and some rare streams) came for me just I believe about three of years ago when NHL Game Center became available here in Brazil and when ESPN started to broadcasting NHL games here again...

I have to say that it was amazing seeing this team rebuild process during these years! I'm very proud to be a Blues fan!

I've heard a lot of people from nations where hockey is not covered fall in love with the sport through the video game series. That's a really cool story.

Hope to see you around more often! I love the perspective from our international fans. Hope you have a good time in St. Louis in November! Hope the Blues put on a good show for you :)

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
No matter how frigid it is in November, you gotta hit up some post-game Ted Drewes

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
Not that far. It's only separated from Memphis by another suburb called Germantown. I'm trying to find a weekend to get my family up to St. Louis for a game too!
That's great!!!
I'm also looking forward to visit Memphis and, among other things, the Gibson factory! :yo:

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
I've heard a lot of people from nations where hockey is not covered fall in love with the sport through the video game series. That's a really cool story.

Hope to see you around more often! I love the perspective from our international fans. Hope you have a good time in St. Louis in November! Hope the Blues put on a good show for you :)
Thanks! Hopefully this will be the first of many to come!!!

By the way, I'll try to be more active on the board... I've been reading you guys on the forum for quite some time but didn't have any post yet...

Thanks for all the information! I've learned a lot!

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Hodaks chicken is not too far from the stadium and always delicious.

Soulard is the place to go for pregame drinks, and many bars offer transportation to and from the game.

Edit: And Union Station is ok because of its location, but the shopping/food there is pretty awful.

Fred Brathwaite

Aug 25, 2010
Not that far. It's only separated from Memphis by another suburb called Germantown. I'm trying to find a weekend to get my family up to St. Louis for a game too!

I didn't think people knew about hockey in Memphis. I'm from STL but moved down for a job about 2 years ago (currently in Cordova). I saw one guy wearing a Tarasenko jersey at wolfchase mall when I first moved here, haven't seen anything hockey related since lol

jeansimeoni

Oct 6, 2014
Hodaks chicken is not too far from the stadium and always delicious.

Soulard is the place to go for pregame drinks, and many bars offer transportation to and from the game.

Edit: And Union Station is ok because of its location, but the shopping/food there is pretty awful.
Thanks for the tips!

About the Union Station, we are considering it mostly because of the price, the free parking and the fact that we could walk to the game (not sure about the temperature though...). Do you think it is worth for one night only?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Thanks for the tips!

About the Union Station, we are considering it mostly because of the price, the free parking and the fact that we could walk to the game (not sure about the temperature though...). Do you think it is worth for one night only?

Ah, I thought you were talking about the hotel in Union Station, the Pear Tree is a few blocks away. And that may be a long walk after the game, there tends to be a lot of homeless in that stretch between the Scotttrade Center and the Pear Tree.

That will be fine for a night. Not sure what your 'scene' is, but there are a few night clubs not too far from there. It all depends on what you want to do when you are here.

But Union Station is a **** hole, avoid it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'm gonna go ahead and plug Sugarfire, which is a bit of a drive from the stadium, but in my opinion, the best BBQ in St. Louis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad