Post-Game Talk (GBU): From a blizzard to a Hurricane

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
I was just thinking, is the reason this team is been flat the past 2 games because of Girgensons being out? Is he already this important to this team? I think its possible.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
I was just thinking, is the reason this team is been flat the past 2 games because of Girgensons being out? Is he already this important to this team? I think its possible.

Somewhat. But part of it is because he's being replaced by Leino on that line. Which is just a huge downgrade for anything with a heartbeat. Leino has checked out for the season.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Girgensons is a heart and soul player...it could very possibly be a reason this team is pretty flat.
then again, everyone is playing either 1 or 2 lines above where they should be, so that could be another reason.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think the talent drop is the main reason. And playing with Leino has to suck the life out of you too

TBH if I had to play with Leino I'd probably be loathe to pass to him unless he was wide open in the slot or something like that. The puck just dies on his stick

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

The team also lost Moulson, Stewart, and Mitchell/McCormick the same time it lost Girgensons. Moulson and Stewart were a significant part of what top 6 we had left. Mitchell is a solid bottom 6 player. It's definitely not just Girgensons. Our second line has Foligno and D'Agostini on the wings.

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
The team also lost Moulson, Stewart, and Mitchell/McCormick the same time it lost Girgensons. Moulson and Stewart were a significant part of what top 6 we had left. Mitchell is a solid bottom 6 player. It's definitely not just Girgensons. Our second line has Foligno and D'Agostini on the wings.

I agree, but since the Chicago game this team is different. The Florida game can also slide in with those past 2 games.

Almost Rolston like, heh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad