- SOG
- Gerbe's empty netter

U:
- zzzzzzzzz
- Leino

Eichel

Chicago Buffaloes
Mar 19, 2013
G: Neuvirth: 93/98 in first two games with Buffalo (0-2 record)
Miller: 84/90 in first four game with St. Louis :) (4-0 record)
Ennis, Des, Staff, Conch

B: Boring game to watch

U: Leino :help:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I don't know why we would do that. None of the other goalies in our system are NHL ready.

It's not only about being NHL ready. It's not having goalies below the AHL level stagnate.

Do you really think it will matter all that much if we have a backup that may be out of his league next season? What are the Sabres really trying to do next year? Win games or develop some players?

Let Hackett sink or swim. We need to find out a little something about him relatively soon.

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
It's not only about being NHL ready. It's not having goalies below the AHL level stagnate.

Do you really think it will matter all that much if we have a backup that may be out of his league next season? What are the Sabres really trying to do next year? Win games or develop some players?

Let Hackett sink or swim. We need to find out a little something about him relatively soon.

I don't think it's that simple. I don't think Tim and Ted are the kind of guys to give spots to players that haven't legitimately earned it. It doesn't fit with the culture they're trying to create. But that's just my opinion.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I don't think it's that simple. I don't think Tim and Ted are the kind of guys to give spots to players that haven't legitimately earned it. It doesn't fit with the culture they're trying to create. But that's just my opinion.

....half of this roster hasn't earned a spot. They're picking people up off of waivers and putting them on the top line.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
I was at the game, it was ugly to be there....just a few notes I wanted to share:

-ehrhoff looked like he didn't wanna be there tonight..kind of like many nights recently...i sincerely hope that this team either buys him out or trades him. I'd prefer the buyout b/c I feel like the cap penalty we could possibly get is just way too high of a risk - especially if we're in a competitive playoff race that year or expect to be, and the cap sucks us down and we can't give out contracts to some of our key players coming off ELC at that time/or free agents, etc..
-myers is GOOOD - loved watching him.
-foligno was kinda irrelevant, i was excited to see him and was hoping for a great effort game, but i just feel like he needs more time to develop and also needs to be sheltered more. i don't expect 30 goals from him what so ever, but i want to see him continue to grow.
-deslauriers was good - excited to see what this kid is going to turn into!
-neurvirth was facing a ridiculous number of shots, i wish we could put a better time on the ice. this guy is for real, and i really wanna see him grow and develop more, who knows he could be our "guy" in net for the future - really liked what i saw from him. i guess the flurry of shots he'll see the rest of this season and next might actually make him better or develop more/stronger?? idk
-leino is horawful (horrible and awful)
-ennis looked real good tonight again
-our defense is kind of a joke..besides myers, no one on our defense was able to out muscle or out battle any of the canes, and i guess that's pretty consistent with our season. we DESPERATELY, need risto, zads, and pysyk to develop and be in our lineup.
-our offense in the 2nd and 3rd was stagnant...it was a boring game to watch.

I know this is something all of you know already - but we need HELP. I feel like 2-3 years isn't going to be enough to make this team "playoff race relevant" because it takes TIME for young prospects to develop, even if we do get 3 top 5 players in this year's draft and next year's. I guess the tank is a little more painful to watch when you're at the games...lol

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
....half of this roster hasn't earned a spot. They're picking people up off of waivers and putting them on the top line.

Yes, exactly. They would rather pluck a guy off waivers from outside the organization than call up someone like Adam, Armia, or Varone, guys who either aren't ready or aren't worthy. Lump Hackett in there too.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: Neuvirth-and we were feeling bad for Enroth earlier in the season.
Ennis and Stafford
Myers-looked good
Conacher-was a mixed bag but love his speed.
Deslauriers -only one who looked dangerous in the 2nd PP unit.
Flynn-getting more physical

B: Coho-only one who wasn't pressuring on the forecheck, really made that line ineffective in the offensive zone
Tallinder-might have been his worst game this year
Coaching-McBain and Scott against the top line?
Konopka-just win(or lose) the faceoff instead of tying up the other guy up and making our guys get out of position to go after the puck.

L: Leino-parasite for that line. Lets just shut him down.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yes, exactly. They would rather pluck a guy off waivers from outside the organization than call up someone like Adam, Armia, or Varone, guys who either aren't ready or aren't worthy. Lump Hackett in there too.

I'm not sure I follow. My point is that either way they're putting in guys who aren't ready or worthy, whether they come in off waivers or off the farm. At least if it's off the farm they get some positive experience, they're guys who might be in our plans long term.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- Noidberg was impressive

b-Weber getting the bad deflection
-Sulzer head hitting the boards
-allowing 50+ shots, everyone gets blame for that

Oakstream

Let's go Buffalo!
Aug 10, 2010
Sweden
U: NHL 14, the only game I've ever played that actually made me punch my TV. I don't know why I own it...

Haha!! I know what you mean. NHL 14 and 13 really sucks and makes me want to destroy expensive stuff... I used to love those NHL games but they have become a joke.
If this game was a NHL 14 game Canes would have lost 5-1 despite dominating badly.

G:
Neuvirth was awesome in this game, is it actually true that he didn't get a star? He was the first star by a long shot.
Ennis

B:
Poor effort

U:
Leino
Playing the Canes always reminds me that they probably won the cup because of injurys to other teams (Buffalo, Edmonton)
Losing to the Canes
Canes uniforms

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
I honestly thought this GBU would be titled something like "Sabres get Goosed by Gerbe" or "Sabres get Gerbed"

This, because the last GBU was "Sabres get Goosed" after Gaustad scored a last-second empty-netter for a 4-1 victory....and then the very next game, Gerbe gets a last-second empty-netter for a 4-2 victory!

I guess I should've started the GBU, huh? lol

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
G: Neuvirth-and we were feeling bad for Enroth earlier in the season.
Ennis and Stafford
Myers-looked good
Conacher-was a mixed bag but love his speed.
Deslauriers -only one who looked dangerous in the 2nd PP unit.
Flynn-getting more physical

B: Coho-only one who wasn't pressuring on the forecheck, really made that line ineffective in the offensive zone
Tallinder-might have been his worst game this year
Coaching-McBain and Scott against the top line?
Konopka-just win(or lose) the faceoff instead of tying up the other guy up and making our guys get out of position to go after the puck.

L: Leino-parasite for that line. Lets just shut him down.

I loved seeing that in the game - made me laugh - especially one time when they were both below their goalline. But I actually like Scott on D. He has a long stick, and has decent body position and size so getting beat wide because he's slower isn't the trainwreck it would be if he was smaller. I continue to believe, as I have since he was first acquired, that he is simple and smart (if not predictable) with the puck. BUF could do far worse, and I'd be fine with him extended another year or two if he wants to be with BUF.

Haha!! I know what you mean. NHL 14 and 13 really sucks and makes me want to destroy expensive stuff... I used to love those NHL games but they have become a joke.
If this game was a NHL 14 game Canes would have lost 5-1 despite dominating badly.

G:
Neuvirth was awesome in this game, is it actually true that he didn't get a star? He was the first star by a long shot.
Ennis

B:
Poor effort

U:
Leino
Playing the Canes always reminds me that they probably won the cup because of injurys to other teams (Buffalo, Edmonton)
Losing to the Canes
Canes uniforms
I like the new ones more than the old. Remind me of CCCP Red Army from decades ago - I remember another poster here felt similar when they were first rolled out.

Neuvirth / Noidberg / Nordberg / OJ Simpson was stellar in goal, and the mixed-gear look is so '13-'14-Nolan-Sabres-esque.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad