From 1-210: A Full Draft Mock

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Spitfire11 said:
Yes Detroit has Hakan Andersson, but good gracious they're not going to draft just europeans! Still, nice job putting all that together.

Got to agree with that. I can't say it would be tough to imagine it, but I know I'd be disappointed if the Wings took Anisimov ahead of Burki and Grabner and Emmerton in the 1st, or took Junland ahead of Marcinko, Joensuu, and Armstrong in the 2nd, or took Vishnevsky ahead of Swan, Weber and Foligno in the 3rd. But those are just personal preferences. Nice work putting it all together.

A-Fan

Mar 11, 2002
Visit site
Mr Bugg said:
Here it is, ladies and gents. The only free and independant complete mock draft on the planet. Every round, every pick, every team. 20+ pages of draft goodness. Who might your team select this year? How about those Russians? What about trades?

Start reading the most thorough mock draft found anywhere now!

Detroit

Artem Anisimov
Jonas Junland
Ivan Vishnevskiy
Rastislav Konecny
David Lidstrom
Niclas Westerlund
Tomas Jurdic

Detroit will not take all EUROPEAN PLAYERS, they do and have taken NORTH AMERICAN PLAYERS BEFORE!!!!!!! :shakehead They will not pass on Tomas Marcinko(6-4, RW) or Grabner (6-0, RW) in round 1, and Vladimir Zharkov(6-1, RW) in round 5. You are really reaching on David Lidstrom. I do agree with the Jonas Junland pick in round 2 and Vishnevski in round 3 (If he lasts that long).

Last edited:

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
eek, Penguins go Dman wild, virtually across the board??? If they land J.J. in a trade, I'm not so sure they would totally ignore offensive prospects

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Toronto's third pick is Harrison Reed, not Reed Harrison - probably just an oversight - edit: sorry didn't see it had already been posted.

very well done! although I wish you had pushed Grabner 1 more spot so the pens could grab him at 32. :yo:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
WashJeffHockey19 said:
eek, Penguins go Dman wild, virtually across the board??? If they land J.J. in a trade, I'm not so sure they would totally ignore offensive prospects

Well everyone KNOWS that we have absolutely no defensive dplayers/prospects in the cupboard at all. Or so goes the HF conventional wisdom. Gonchar, Orpik, Whitney, Letang, Goligeski . . .and in this scenerio Jack Johnson . . .among about a dozen others = bare cupboard and desperate to give up Malkin and Crosby for a third line defenseman.

#1GuinFan

Apr 4, 2003
canada
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Well everyone KNOWS that we have absolutely no defensive dplayers/prospects in the cupboard at all. Or so goes the HF conventional wisdom. Gonchar, Orpik, Whitney, Letang, Goligeski . . .and in this scenerio Jack Johnson . . .among about a dozen others = bare cupboard and desperate to give up Malkin and Crosby for a third line defenseman.

welch

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
If you believe what's coming out of St. Louis, then the #1 pick needs to be changed to Erik Johnson ... and I think that is indeed the case.

It's entirely possible we instead take Staal, but right now I'd say it's 95/5 we take Johnson with that first pick.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I had to make a judgment call there. I felt that all the time the Blues had spent putting Staal through the paces in private sessions was proof they wanted him. Had I waited an extra day to release it, I'd have the fortune of knowing this decision.

I suppose I could still change it, but where's the fun in that? :)

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Post-draft analysis:

-I had Backstrom and Varlamov going to the Caps, although I had Varlamov slated to go in the 2nd round. :D
-4th, 36th, 86th were my only exact picks.
-Was off by one on Eric Gryba and Niclas Andersen, two off of Jonas Junland, Rhett Rahkashni and David McIntyre, three off of Ryan Daniels, Ryan Flynn and Cory Emmerton, four off of Felix Schutz, Chris Auger and Simon Danis-Papin, and five off of John Armstrong, John Degray, Jordan Bendfeld and Kyle Henegan.
-I had Tony Romano going to the Devils, just in the wrong round (7th as opposed to 6th). Same with Jesse Joensuu and the Islanders.
-A surprising amount of my players went undrafted. Just insane.

I had a lot of fun doing this as always, and am already beginning my research for next year's edition.

Thanks to everyone who read it and gave me their thoughts!

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
petrskudra1 said:
Great mock!!!

The only thing I questioned was the Pens decision to trade the #2 pick although St. Louis skipped on EJ.

Well with that, I meant that they'd make the trade before any drafting took place, with the confidence that St. Louis would take Johnson only to have them not. Not that it mattered because it did not happen. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad