From 1-210: A Full Draft Mock

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Here it is, ladies and gents. The only free and independant complete mock draft on the planet. Every round, every pick, every team. 20+ pages of draft goodness. Who might your team select this year? How about those Russians? What about trades?

Start reading the most thorough mock draft found anywhere now!

Edit- Fixed mistakes (no Clutterbuck, Wild * 2, Churchill UFA).

Edit 2- Fixed no Hillier mistake.

Edit 3- Fixed Toronto trade-up piece

Edit 4- Added Schutz

Edit 5- Fixed more mistakes.

Last edited:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
can anybody explain how Atlanta get Edmonton's 4th rounder? (should be the Islanders from the Peca trade).

Islanders have never made a trade with Either Atlanta or Minnesota to my knowledge.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I like how the Canucks take Armstrong in the third round. I don't like how they pass up Bryan Little for Chris Stewart, but that's something I could see happening in reality.

Don't know about the other two guys.

Nice work.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
To critique your Sharks picks, let me start off by saying I love the Sneep pick in the first. He would be my choice as well but I could see the Sharks taking Joe Ryan just as easily from those available.

After that, I like that you went for lower line character guys which is the Sharks MO but they are already stacked with that type in their system. You have the Sharks going to Sweden (Lagerstrom) early which they almost never do. Lower rounds, yes, I could see them taking a character Euro player but not in the second.

Brady Calla pick I don't like over a guy like Ryan Hillier (who I didn't see in the mock at all...correct me if I'm wrong). I can also see the Sharks dipping into the German ranks again with a guy like Gawlik or Marcel Muller. I would have like to see you concentrate a few of their picks on offensive guys like them.

Picks I did like and fit with the Sharks MO are Lazaruk (though they are loaded with goaltenders in the system) and Klejna. I could see them as potential Sharks pick.

It's tough choosing from one team nevermind all 30. I can appreciate that you at least have an idea of what the Sharks look for in their selections (much more than I can say for other mocks out there). All in all, it was a great effort.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Sorry about the mistakes, all. I left Clutterbuck out and Wild IS there twice. I'm waiting for the PDF conversion to be complete, and I'll toss the new version up. Picks for a number of teams had to change as a result.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
Yes Detroit has Hakan Andersson, but good gracious they're not going to draft just europeans! Still, nice job putting all that together.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Patty Ice said:
To critique your Sharks picks, let me start off by saying I love the Sneep pick in the first. He would be my choice as well but I could see the Sharks taking Joe Ryan just as easily from those available.

After that, I like that you went for lower line character guys which is the Sharks MO but they are already stacked with that type in their system. You have the Sharks going to Sweden (Lagerstrom) early which they almost never do. Lower rounds, yes, I could see them taking a character Euro player but not in the second.

Brady Calla pick I don't like over a guy like Ryan Hillier (who I didn't see in the mock at all...correct me if I'm wrong). I can also see the Sharks dipping into the German ranks again with a guy like Gawlik or Marcel Muller. I would have like to see you concentrate a few of their picks on offensive guys like them.

Picks I did like and fit with the Sharks MO are Lazaruk (though they are loaded with goaltenders in the system) and Klejna. I could see them as potential Sharks pick.

It's tough choosing from one team nevermind all 30. I can appreciate that you at least have an idea of what the Sharks look for in their selections (much more than I can say for other mocks out there). All in all, it was a great effort.

Thank you very much. About what I expected, and I really tried to stick to Sharks drafting philosophy- for better or worse ;)

You're right, no Ryan Hillier. I changed some picks around to accomodate him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I see your Leafs trading up with Chicago to take Kessel and see the Pogge info etc ..

but I can't figure out why Chicago is also picking in 2nd round with Leafs pick ??..

Also not sure about the first two picks .. I catch the Carolina to pick in #2 spot but isn't the idea to get Jordan Staal by trading Jack Johnson ??

You have Staal going 1 and Carolina taking Eric Johnson . :dunno:

Belfour20

Jul 26, 2005
Interesting mock but there's no way Chicago let's go of #3 for the package offered... The only way the Hawks are trading that pick is if they can get a legitimate 1st line forward in return...

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Awesome job, that must have taken a lot of hard work!

I'll be sky high if we end up with Jack Johnson and Dennis Persson.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Mess said:
I see your Leafs trading up with Chicago to take Kessel and see the Pogge info etc ..

but I can't figure out why Chicago is also picking in 2nd round with Leafs pick ??..

Also not sure about the first two picks .. I catch the Carolina to pick in #2 spot but isn't the idea to get Jordan Staal by trading Jack Johnson ??

You have Staal going 1 and Carolina taking Eric Johnson . :dunno:

I forgot to mention the second rounder as being included in the deal. I've fixed that.

As for taking Erik Johnson, the plan for the Canes is either Staal or the 'other' Johnson. I would think they'd be happy with either scenario given the circumstances.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Does it now?

I seem to have gotten rid of all the players I left off. Swan, Sauer, Nyholm and a couple others weren't put where they should have been between document versions.

That should be last of the changes- I hope. But you folks are my editors, and I appreciate the help and patience patching it up. As of 2:45 AM Mountain Time, it's current.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
It's interesting but I think you included too much Europeans. I don't think a lot of teams will take more than 2 euro picks because of the 2 years rule...
Example : Detroit selecting only Europeans and none North American seems irrealistic. Same with New Jersey with 3 euro picks even if NJ always draft a majority of college players. Seeing Keenan and Florida selecting that much Europeans is also improbable as he prefers big Canadians...

Default101

it's Harrison Reed, not Reed Harrison, that must have taken alot of work tho.

Zeus6754

May 8, 2006
Verdict: JJ for the 2nd overall pick. Consider it done.

I hope this is how it plays out. I highly doubt that St.Louis doesn't take EJ but even if they did... JJ is a better fit with Pitt than EJ is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad