Value of: Frolik to Flyers

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I guess Hextall did not say that we have an option of moving Giroux back to center during one of his interviews this summer..
When did Hextall become the coach? It really doesn't matter what position Hexy thinks guys can play, Hakstol wants Giroux on the wing and I don't see why he would move him back when the switch worked so well.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
When did Hextall become the coach? It really doesn't matter what position Hexy thinks guys can play, Hakstol wants Giroux on the wing and I don't see why he would move him back when the switch worked so well.
are you saying Hextall comments are irreverent or you are saying that there was no comments or is this rhetorical question?

Team is coached certain way and I am sure Hextall as a GM has something to do with it..

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
are you saying Hextall comments are irreverent or you are saying that there was no comments or is this rhetorical question?

Team is coached certain way and I am sure Hextall as a GM has something to do with it..
Yes, Hextall mentioning that Giroux can play center is irrelevant for many reasons. First, we all know Giroux can play center considering he did so for most of the first 9 years of his career. Second, Hextall isn't the coach so even if he says Giroux can be switched back to center he really doesn't have much of a say in day to day lineup decisions. He can provide input all he wants but telling the media that Giroux can play center is just GM speak and kind of just stating the obvious, no?

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I've always said Simmonds to the Flames. Maybe Frolik + a pick and a prospect for Simmonds?

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Yes, Hextall mentioning that Giroux can play center is irrelevant for many reasons. First, we all know Giroux can play center considering he did so for most of the first 9 years of his career. Second, Hextall isn't the coach so even if he says Giroux can be switched back to center he really doesn't have much of a say in day to day lineup decisions. He can provide input all he wants but telling the media that Giroux can play center is just GM speak and kind of just stating the obvious, no?
Well this is what he did.. provided input.. said there is a possibility that Giroux could play center even know Claude has had his best season as a wing. I do not rule it out.. If Frost or Vorobyov are not ready and Laughton is kind of weak on 3rd line and Weal well.. is Weal..

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I've always said Simmonds to the Flames. Maybe Frolik + a pick and a prospect for Simmonds?
I mean Max Pacioretty just got 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar, now Simmonds is not Pacioretty not question Pacioretty is a better scorer but in terms of value it should be somewhat similar give or take a pick...
you want to trade Frolik for Simmonds? wth... lol.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Well this is what he did.. provided input.. said there is a possibility that Giroux could play center even know Claude has had his best season as a wing. I do not rule it out.. If Frost or Vorobyov are not ready and Laughton is kind of weak on 3rd line and Weal well.. is Weal..
I get it, I just don't buy it. Hakstol has seemed completely content with a top heavy lineup since he's been in Philly, I don't think that changes now just because Hextall made some passing comment this summer.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I get it, I just don't buy it. Hakstol has seemed completely content with a top heavy lineup since he's been in Philly, I don't think that changes now just because Hextall made some passing comment this summer.
If Frost is NHL ready but not ready to play center... kind of like Gagne was, I do not rule out... it is possible.... even know Giroux was a monster on wing last year.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I mean Max Pacioretty just got 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar, now Simmonds is not Pacioretty not question Pacioretty is a better scorer but in terms of value it should be somewhat similar give or take a pick...
you want to trade Frolik for Simmonds? wth... lol.
Just to be clear, he isn't a Flames fan. After getting Lindholm and Neal, we don't exactly need Simmonds anymore (don't get me wrong, he'd be nice, just no longer a pressing need) and with Tkachuk coming up for a new contract after this season, I'm not sure we can afford to keep him.

Reactions: tictactoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad