Value of: Frolik to Flyers

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Apparently the flyers need a Pk forward and frolik seems to fit that bill. Can play both wings and his cap hit isn't too bad. I'd think a 2nd and 5th or something like that would probably do the job if the flames are out at the deadline or simply want to trade him now.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Flames finally have depth, why should we make such a move now before the season?

Also, after letting Stajan walk as a free agent and buying Brouwer out, our PK has already lost 2 of it's top 4 guys. We added Lindholm that will likely replace Brouwer's PK time, but Stajan's needs to be replaced from within. Moving Frolik as well would kill our PK.

Froim a Flyers perspective, it is my understanding they would be more in need of a centerman that can kill penalties.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The Flames finally have actual forward depth. I’d rather not trade it away before the season starts.

The Flames finally have depth, why should we make such a move now before the season?

Also, after letting Stajan walk as a free agent and buying Brouwer out, our PK has already lost 2 of it's top 4 guys. We added Lindholm that will likely replace Brouwer's PK time, but Stajan's needs to be replaced from within. Moving Frolik as well would kill our PK.

Froim a Flyers perspective, it is my understanding they would be more in need of a centerman that can kill penalties.

As I said, if the flames are out of the playoffs at the deadline, why not stock up on draft picks?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Frolik
Pospisil

For

Raffl
Sandstrom

Going into last season Sandstrom was in a similar tier to Hart. In the Flyers goalie prospect rankings 1/4 of voters thought he was our top goalie prospect. King Felix had unfortunate luck with injuries last year. He still has a ton of potential, and there is little to no chance he gets put into a trade in the near future.

Reactions: pmwlker

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why even think like that? At worst we'll be in the playoff race

Smith goes down and Rittich and gillies don't improve from last year, or we simply underachieve again for whatever reason. That's not an unreasonable scenario but I feel good this season so yeah.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Why, when the Flames finally have a stacked forward group, decide to trade a top 3 two way player on the squad (not NHL)?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wonder how many times it needs to be said.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindblom ???? Simmonds

The Flyers don't need an expensive winger. They need a 1 year stopgap at #3C in case Frost is not ready to be in the NHL this year.

Reactions: pmwlker

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I wonder how many times it needs to be said.

Giroux Couts Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindblom ???? Simmonds

The Flyers don't need an expensive winger. They need a 1 year stopgap at #3C in case Frost is not ready to be in the NHL this year.
or maybe we have 3 centers already. Giroux, Couturier, Patrick and Frost can start a LW.

Last edited:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I guess Hextall did not say that we have an option of moving Giroux back to center during one of his interviews this summer..

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I guess Hextall did not say that we have an option of moving Giroux back to center during one of his interviews this summer..
Did we have that option in the playoffs last year's too? Yes we did. And Hakstol didn't do it.

Personally, I would be all for that move if Frost is not ready to make the team. But I don't think Hakstol would do it.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I really don’t see the fit here. Backlund would be who Philly wants, before Calgary stocked up at RW, Backlund for Simmonds might have made some sense both ways, but it doesn’t anymore. Jankowski might be of interest to the Flyers, but I can’t see them paying what Calgary would want. The only other guy I could see them wanting would be Bennett, but I’m not sure what the deal would look like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad