Dreger: Frolik to be moved at draft or free agency

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Detroit has lots of cap space? Bu bu but HF told me they had nothing :sarcasm:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Yeah unfortunately he’s the odd man out when it comes to cap casualties. Hopefully we can get a decent return. I’m not expecting much though.

Hopefully can recoup a third or fourth and some scraps. He’ll get something, but I expect Bennett or dube can fill most of his production next year anyway, so meh.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would be a good player for the Sabres or Oilers to pick up, although I can't see Calgary abd Edmonton making a deal

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Would be a good player for the Sabres or Oilers to pick up, although I can't see Calgary abd Edmonton making a deal
The reason for Calgary moving him is cap space, not sure Edmonton would want to spend half their cap space on one forward when they need to sign 3 forwards a goalie and upgrade their D

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Contract year and could play higher in the lineup?

Depends on the price to get him I guess. I don’t see why Ottawa would give up anything of value for a guy who only has one year left on his contract.

I think Dreger listed those teams because they have cap space, not because he’s heard those teams have interest.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I will be in the minority, but Frolik is definitely going to be missed. On lots of nights he was our best defensive forward. Whoever gets him is going to love what he brings to the table. A 35-40 point middle 6 versatile winger (LW/RW) who plays an excellent 2-way game.

If he is gone I sure hope the Flames find someone that can do at least a little of what Frolik could do on the defensive side of things.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don't see a spot for him, but, depending on how free agency pans out, I wouldn't mind him playing in the Panthers middle six. Doubt he'd waive to come back though, as he was traded for the sake of making a shake up however many years ago (for Skille and an AHL goalie, although Baby Jagr was having a rough year).

Reactions: FrolikFan67

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I believe Frolik asked for a trade. Frolik's agent was unhappy with his ice time and the fact he was a healthy scratch a couple times.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I don't see any room for him on the Habs. Especially before July 1st when the Habs could be looking to sign a big name.

The last thing they need is an overpaid depth player. Their forward group is as deep as any team's depth. If they are going to do anything significant it will be for a left D or to trade Drouin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad