Frolik bashes habs management

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
If Frolik was so good why was he not signed by anyone in the NHL and playing. Yea managements fault he is past his prime.

Having said that. Even if McDavid was here with this managment, for just one year, McDavid would be saying the exact same thing as Frolik.

This pretty much sums up Frolik and Habs management...

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
While he could have played a few more games, Frolik clearly should hace realized his depth role and should hace given the team a reason to play him. Perry was on waivers at the start and played his way into the lineup. Frolik wasnt that noticeable in his games. Also if he was unhappy then he could have either got his agent to try and ship him elsewhere or leave.

The reality is there wasnt a demand for him around the league and in his few chances he didnt do much to show he had anything in the tank to stay in the league this season.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
We don't really know that, maybe he was promised a spot on starting roster. Maybe he was told he was part of the top 12..or they saw him as a viable piece on 3rd line.

I'm not so convinced Bergevin explained he would be on the outside and need to really prove himself, basically earning himself a slightly better deal than a tryout contract.

I can understand he is upset being casted away from the get go, but, his game was also crap.

When you sign for near league minimum in the dying days of the offseason then you should know you are a spare part. Maybe Bergevin did promise something but it's doubtful or Frolik wouldn't say they never gave me a chance he'd say they promised me this and never gave it to me.

The Bergevin maybe promised him something is a weak argument and comes across as just trying to put some blame on Bergevin because he sucks and therefore has to be at least partially at fault. There's enough real things we can crap on Bergevin over that we don't need to resort to made up situations that maybe happened but have no evidence for.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
When you sign for near league minimum in the dying days of the offseason then you should know you are a spare part. Maybe Bergevin did promise something but it's doubtful or Frolik wouldn't say they never gave me a chance he'd say they promised me this and never gave it to me.

The Bergevin maybe promised him something is a weak argument and comes across as just trying to put some blame on Bergevin because he sucks and therefore has to be at least partially at fault. There's enough real things we can crap on Bergevin over that we don't need to resort to made up situations that maybe happened but have no evidence for.
It's not weak, it's a possible reality. I don't blame Bergey on anything here, just saying, you don't know a lot of what you're speculating.
"He would have said he promised"..maybe..maybe not, arguing linguistic here. Who knows, a pro athlete poorly communicating his thoughts wouldn't be a new thing.

My point was simply, we don't know what was said during negotiations. Understandable he's upset with how he was handled here, but also can't blame management seeing how he was done.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I am not a fan of this management, but Frolik looked cooked. He was a liability in Laval too in the games I saw.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Habs didn't end his career- Corey Perry did. When he signed he knew he was taxi squad bound, any chance he had of playing his way into a regular spot were taken by Perry who did sign after Frolik and quickly moved ahead of him and a lot of others on depth chart.

That said kudos to Frolik for not bitching about his role during the season and becoming a distraction

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
La Prairie Beach
750K would buy me my dream house and help me live worry free for the rest of my life (while still working, of course). All he had to do to earn this money was to stay in shape and be ready to play.

f*** him

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
35lqnh5xrfb51.png

Reactions: donghabs98

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I don't disagree with most in this thread but I also wouldn't put it past Bergevin to promise him a bunch of shit either.

Bergevin is the worst.

Reactions: amethyst

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
He wasn’t a NHL caliber player not sure why he mad at the habs or why it is coming out now I would say that it is a none story… But again we have trouble attracting player, and even if you can’t please everyone why are there so many player leaving bitter or not in good term, it isn’t a good look.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Froooo. who?

His almost worthless ass got $750K so a thank you would be in line. But hey...his mirror says otherwise....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad