Frolik bashes habs management

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He was looking decent, but not great when he played. In my opinion, he should have gotten a few more games through the season. But he didn't show he had it in him to be a regular.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
He was looking decent, but not great when he played. In my opinion, he should have gotten a few more games through the season. But he didn't show he had in it him to be a regular.

I think he looked just fine in his limited action. He didn't look out of place, but maybe he was sold a bill of goods that the habs didn't deliver on. I mean, sometimes they have certain agreements or understandings which are not bound by contract.

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
He's not wrong in the grand scheme of thing, altho it would be more accurate to say the Habs fast-tracked the end of his career than saying they literally ended it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
His career was on the decline long before and like all the other players signed to the taxi squad he should have known what he was getting into.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
He was washed up. He wasn’t hurting the team while he was on the ice but he wasn’t bringing a single thing either. Management didn’t end this guys career, it was already over. He was lucky he even got a contract from us.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Interesting article on TVAsport

«Le CH a carrément mis fin à ma carrière dans la LNH» - TVA Sports

frolik says habs basically ended his nhl career.

when you sign a contract, you run the risk of being the 13th, 14th, whatever forward.

You have to choose carefully where you sign. He wasn't ahead of at least 13, maybe more, forwards on our depth chart. so if being so low on the depth chart ruined his career, he has to have seen that that's where he'd fall, based on merit, on our forward depth chart.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
His end in Calgary seemed a little off. Like he had a decent 2018-19 season and then fell off the goddamn earth.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
He should join this board. He would fit right in.
He should create an account on hf, only to delete a day later, when we all tell him he sucked....not just in the short season, but the 2-3 seasons before that.....
This is more on him, than the Habs.......we all have our reasons for bashing Condo Geoff, and The clown GM, but sitting Frolik is not even close to being on the list...

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Bergevin is a terrible terrible GM. He sucks, hard.

That's not on Bergevin, though. Frolik was done when he signed here - I didn't even remember we had signed him, truth be told. Forgettable.

Reactions: amethyst

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Meh even I have a hard time with this. Habs didn't do him any favours, but I was surprised we signed him at all.

Reactions: Runner77

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Although I can understand the argument that by basically sitting him the whole year it hurt his chances of signing with a new team, at the end of the day he signed the contract knowing he would be a spare part and it would be up to him to impress enough to be in the lineup. Just like it was up to him to impress St-Louis on his PTO.

I didn't read the article but Frolik is coming across as someone who looks in the mirror and sees who he was in his prime and not who is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad