Frk

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure but he's earned the right to try, imo.

He's not big enough, not fast enough, right in the middle of his production prime, by all accounts what you see is what you get. But he's always making smart little plays, knows where to be, and has a f***ing rocket. Also, he's happy, enthusiastic, and seems to be relishing the opportunity. We need much, much more of that to change the current in the river.

I like him a lot and I hope he keeps it up.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure but he's earned the right to try, imo.

He's not big enough, not fast enough, right in the middle of his production prime, by all accounts what you see is what you get. But he's always making smart little plays, knows where to be, and has a f*cking rocket. Also, he's happy, enthusiastic, and seems to be relishing the opportunity. We need much, much more of that to change the current in the river.

I like him a lot and I hope he keeps it up.
He reminds me of a bigger version of Cammalleri. Not a great skater, but seems to find him self in the right place at the right time in the offensive zone and has a great shot.

Could be a late bloomer. He seems very comfortable out there.

For sure he's at least earned the opportunity.

Reactions: crassbonanza

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
it's tough to argue against the AHL points, i'm not sure it's right to make any assumptions at this point of his NHL career cause that wings team was b a d

what i see though is definitely a complementary piece to this team given the lack of genuine shooters and finishers and if he benefits from that, great. can't complain about a (basically) free acquisition putting up points. good example for the young kids too, he hustles his ass off and never passes up a shooting opportunity

is he gonna turn into a perennial 30 goal scorer? i mean i doubt it, but i'm happy to watch him try for league min

Reactions: BringTheReign

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He reminds me of a bigger version of Cammalleri. Not a great skater, but seems to find him self in the right place at the right time in the offensive zone and has a great shot.

Could be a late bloomer. He seems very comfortable out there.

For sure he's at least earned the opportunity.

He looks like Cammalleri too when he drops down to one knee.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Frk appears to have left his shortcomings behind after joining the Kings. Maybe getting moved by Detroit was a wake up call for him, but whatever happened it's working for him right now.

There's a lot of parallels with Toffoli there. Similar size, not great skaters, wicked shots. They were even drafted 47 and 49 (in different years). Frk is a little more agile but they fill that same role. Re-signing the guy should be a no brainer, even with a one-way deal.

RossLonsberryFan

Aug 28, 2019
Frk appears to have left his shortcomings behind after joining the Kings. Maybe getting moved by Detroit was a wake up call for him, but whatever happened it's working for him right now.

There's a lot of parallels with Toffoli there. Similar size, not great skaters, wicked shots. They were even drafted 47 and 49 (in different years). Frk is a little more agile but they fill that same role. Re-signing the guy should be a no brainer, even with a one-way deal.

I believe Mike Stothers has had a tremendous influence on Frk this year. Frk has stepped in to fill a leadership role for the Reign this season. He’s even gotten scrappy and had multiple roughing penalties lately.

Reactions: lumbergh

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Is he a legit top 6 NHL winger?

Based on 8 games?

Brought in as a warm body, and been one of the few to exceed expectations. Been very productive. I thought I've read somewhere that he might be looking at going over to Europe, so if true, to keep him might require a little extra money, who knows, but the Kings have spots open. Or, it could also make sense to trade him. Sell high.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Like Jim Fox said earlier ; we don't have many pure shooters like him in our entire system.

Frk, Kaliyev, and then Fagemo but he reminds me more of a Panarin.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Dude has a 109 mph shot as a forward I don't know how he doesn't get a chance anywhere. Powerplay just let him blast it. He deserves a chance.
That shot is a huge skill that the Kings have been missing. Watching him tag the puck from the point on the PP has been super fun. Did you guys catch him knocking the stick out of Bobrovsky's grasp with a shot off the knob of the stick? Scoring chance from nothing. The Kings should absolutely offer a contract.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I was surprised to see on CapFriendly that he’ll be RFA and not UFA after this year. Is that accurate?

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Frky is fine as a mostly one dimensional guy who should play as your 6-8 forward getting around 13-15 minutes of ice time. Keep him at even strength and PP with some sheltered matchups and zone starts. A guy like that signed on 2 year deals for between $1 - $2m with bonuses makes sense, assuming your 1-4 forwards are where you want them to be.

Overpaying and over playing a guy like Frk doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

verbalkint47

Heroes and Villans
Aug 12, 2009
Emerald State
He was pretty highly touted as a youngster. I remember hoping the Kings would draft him. He always had an NHL quality shot/release. It was the rest of his game that held him back.
I think he also has attitude issues (wasn't willing to work on his deficiencies or play defense) when he was younger. He spent a couple years in the ECHL as a result.
He has earned a chance to stick here and I hope he gets a bridge deal.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He's producing and has chemistry with Vilardi. Worst case you send him back to Ontario to mentor the kids and shelter them a bit. It's a no brainer to offer him a 2 year deal imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad