Frk

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
I can see Frk following Moulson' career trajectory. He's a late bloomer with some serious scoring chops but might not have the rest of the toolbox necessary to be a perennial 25+ goal guy.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
I think he can contribute in a role similar to Toffoli and now that he's gone and we have those valuable assets we will see Frk get those opportunities. From my POV he's showing he can perform as a Line 2 scoring winger on this team at this level. I hope we run with him there.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Frky is fine as a mostly one dimensional guy who should play as your 6-8 forward getting around 13-15 minutes of ice time. Keep him at even strength and PP with some sheltered matchups and zone starts. A guy like that signed on 2 year deals for between $1 - $2m with bonuses makes sense, assuming your 1-4 forwards are where you want them to be.

Overpaying and over playing a guy like Frk doesn’t make sense.

this exactly. Suited for 3rd line duty, 2nd unit PP, and occasionally move up to 2nd line when needed.

I like what he brings and he should continue to be given a chance. No reason not to re-sign him as long as he is reasonable on $ and term

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
The thing I notice that I think he is a very likeable guy.

He is producing too.

Those are the players you need on your team for bottom league money.

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 43-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If he has chemistry with Vilardi, that's good enough for me. Guy has a lot of power in his shot and had Bob ducking when he let go at close range there.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
He’s come better than advertised with a couple of his goals coming in tight. If he’s a legitimate threat in the slot and not just a one timer from the circle, that just makes things better for his linemates.

A line of Kempe Vilardi and Frk is a nice mix of ages and skill sets. Giving those two a finisher can help them evolve their games and take some goal scoring pressure off them.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He’s come better than advertised with a couple of his goals coming in tight. If he’s a legitimate threat in the slot and not just a one timer from the circle, that just makes things better for his linemates.

A line of Kempe Vilardi and Frk is a nice mix of ages and skill sets. Giving those two a finisher can help them evolve their games and take some goal scoring pressure off them.

It’s sort of like the pseudo Toffoli-Pearson-Carter line where Kopitar was (as always) eating the bulk of the hardcore defensive matchups so they could go HAM in the offensive zone. If you can continue to give Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown the toughest minutes, Kempe-Vilardi-Frk starting lots of shifts in the ozone is a huge boon. I’d venture that could even be your 1A/1B lines for next year.

And this is exactly why having a 30+-year old Kopitar is amazing; at WORST he is a huge defensive/two-way presence that allows others to be unleashed. We probably don’t EVER want Vilardi on that path, someone described him as a circles-down player which I agree with. Turcotte will eventually fill the Kopitar “role.” Not because Vilardi sucks at Defense (he’s tenacious as hell) or can’t lug the puck through the neutral zone (we saw him nearly complete a 1 on 5 last night), but because if he’s starting shifts behind his own net like Kopitar, it’s not maximizing his skill set.

To tie this all back to Frk, yeah, he’s not a guy who will ever be an NHL defensive presence. Have to have the team surrounding him to support him. He’s a raw trigger man and just an offensive zone player. The question will always be is he good enough offensively for everyone to be okay with that. So far, returns are good.

Last edited:
Reactions: funky and Statto

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
Hes a shooter, let him shoot. Put him in a position to use that shot as much as possible.

Worse case scenario, he's a filler for a couple seasons. Best case, we have a goal scorer on our hands we can flip for assets or sign to a longer deal.

Reactions: KINGS17

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Being one dimensional can be enough to keep you in this league, so long as you are spectacular at that one thing and you have coaches and line mates that can help you use that skill.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Frk still has to show that he’s at least passable in other parts of the game. He doesn’t have the history that a guy like Kovalchuk has accumulated to earn a long leash.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I was thinking more Frk is a late bloomer like Hoffman and might end up a staple in our top 6 alongside Vilardi who he has chemistry with . You never know it’s possible I mean 5 goals in 8 games barely playing or getting opportunities, I like it !

Vrankol

Oct 24, 2009
I haven't watched a full game with Frk in the lineup yet. Can someone please enlighten me what are the aspects of his game that are most lacking? I mean, for a guy who scores at 50 goal pace (small sample size tho) he surely gets sent down a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->